A heck of a deal on new 660 center squirt Holley!

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

427dart
Expert
Expert
A heck of a deal on new 660 center squirt Holley!

Post by 427dart »

Holley is selling what's left in stock for $205.00 each with free shipping!!!!!
tjs44
HotPass
HotPass

Re: A heck of a deal on new 660 center squirt Holley!

Post by tjs44 »

THANKs,snagged a pair!Tom
groberts101
Guru
Guru

Post by groberts101 »

Seen quite a few of these through the years but don't remember ever working on one. Killer deal so quick question for those familiar with them.

Will the center squirt design allow removal of the choke horn? And also possible to add secondary metering block/transfer tube conversion to this particular model?

Thanks
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

That's such a great deal, I almost pulled the trigger on a pair. Then, I remembered none of my obsolete intakes have a Holley bolt pattern.

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_sy ... uQQAvD_BwE

Ah, what the heck, this deal will never come again, so I bought a couple.

jack vines
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
tjs44
HotPass
HotPass

Post by tjs44 »

A friend of mine just had Sean at SMI put secondary metering blocks and power valves in his to street drive.Tom
groberts101
Guru
Guru

Post by groberts101 »

tjs44 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:22 pm A friend of mine just had Sean at SMI put secondary metering blocks and power valves in his to street drive.Tom

Thanks for that. Looking at the pics it's tough to tell if possible to remove center squirter to chop choke tower off. Will this design allow such a mod?

Thanks, Greg
tjs44
HotPass
HotPass

Post by tjs44 »

Give Sean a call.SMI in Huntington Beach CA.Tom
rapidride2
HotPass
HotPass

Post by rapidride2 »

Dangit......gone,,,I'd be happy with 1.
Old as Dirt
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Old as Dirt »

March 22, 2019 next availability.. on the list..
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

Not going to happen! I missed out.
GURU is only a name.
Adam
Old as Dirt
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Old as Dirt »

just got an email alert.. stating available and in stock @ 10:15 Pacific time.. bought two.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (You sent a payment of $411.84 USD to Holley Performance Products)
Sign up to be notified after the box comes up saying "not available" and they will send an email link..

Thank you for your interest in Holley. Your order has been received and assigned a purchase order number 118751.
427dart
Expert
Expert

Post by 427dart »

groberts101 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:11 pm Seen quite a few of these through the years but don't remember ever working on one. Killer deal so quick question for those familiar with them.

Will the center squirt design allow removal of the choke horn? And also possible to add secondary metering block/transfer tube conversion to this particular model?

Thanks
On my particular setup I use the 660 as a secondary carb only due to the very little throttle progression and the four throttle bore pump shot.
I did mill down the air horn some but wanted to keep a bit to help retain the air cleaner bracket and carb I.D. number.
Also I transferred my metering block and secondary metering jet plate from my 600's to the 660 also added screw in high speed air bleeds to match what I had in other carb.
Works fantastic after getting the linkage progression correct with the front 650 carb.
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

On my particular setup I use the 660 as a secondary carb
So a 600 vacuum secondary as the primary carb and a 660 center squirt full mechanical as the secondary carb? Must be a very progressive linkage.

Just wondering the timing of the primary carb vacuum secondary getting full open when the secondary carb opens all four barrels and drops the vacuum down to nothing?

jack vines
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
cgarb
Guru
Guru

Post by cgarb »

A vacuum secondary carburetor does not operate on engine vacuum to open the rear barrels. There is a small orifice hole drilled from the secondary diaphragm into the primary barrels of that carb and its the air rushing down the primary barrels that pull the rear plates open. If it operated on engine vacuum the rear barrels would open when the engine was off and it would start up to the floor. Hope, I'm explaining that clearly...vacuum don't hold it closed, it pulls it open.
427dart
Expert
Expert

Post by 427dart »

Actually since that picture I have setup the front carb with a mechanical secondary action using the ol' screw in the link.
By using the Pink pump cam giving a longer pump shot duration,coupled with all the pump shot of the rear 660,it seems to work well in my setup.
Cruising is done on the primary of the front carb. At 40-50 percent throttle opening the rear carb starts to open just a tic before the secondary
barrels of the front carb.

Had to move the throttle link point on the 660 carb closer to center for quicker full open travel.
I also retain the vac. secondary pot using a stronger spring to keep the secondary on the stop for a consistent idle
but the vac secondary does not function for opening.