Nascar 550 hp limit ??

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

GARY C
HotPass
HotPass
Re: Nascar 550 hp limit ??

Post by GARY C »

FC-Pilot wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:44 pm It is sad, but many of our favorite motor-sports are coming to the end of either their prime, or their life. I love boat racing as well as auto racing, but our short attention span society and "reality TV" world does not have room for a full day of eliminations or patience to sit through a "clean-up". I love local racing as the cars and drivers are within reach of the spectator. Not only that, but the real drama that took place in the big races was known to the avid fans and the avid fans where the ones who were always there. Sponsors and coverage improved and all the fair weather fans jumped on board to be "huge NASCAR or NHRA fans" for a few years until they got board again and a new app popped up on their phone where they could post their latest meal or their dogs poop. Now we have un-"reality TV" racing that is making a bunch of meatheads into movie-stars and glamorizing racing that isn't real. Those are the reasons "I feel" that our favorite sports are dwindling. I could be way off my rocker, but having been involved in a few "reality TV' shoots, and also being a local racer as well as spectator, I feel it is just the end of an era. The racing will carry on, but not at the levels of popularity that it enjoyed a few years ago. If you feel I am wrong please share your opinion as that is all my babble is. Lets just please keep it somewhat civil.

Paul
Yes it's amazing that the more options we have at the touch of a button the less happier we are with any of them... 10,000 kinds of ice cream and we want a new Popsicle. :)
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
tjs44
HotPass
HotPass

Post by tjs44 »

I nephew told my wife that millennials cant even make time for sex!Go figure!Tom
Truckedup
Guru
Guru

Post by Truckedup »

Maybe some of you need to get out more often. :wink: ...Racing isn't dying,but many have moved into more offroad racing with quads and side by sides as it's not brutally expensive.And the insane rock climbers with 500 plus HP..Then there's puller trucks.Not everyone is interested in stock car racing or drag racing...And to me, it seems drag racing is primarily look alike cars with auto trans...very boring for the spectator...However, the local dirt circle tracks seem to fill up the stands...
Motorcycle land speed racing... wearing animal hides and clinging to vibrating oily machines propelled by fire
Ericnova
Pro
Pro

Post by Ericnova »

Here's a crazy idea...you don't like the drivers "no fear attitude" then penalize them for causing a wreck. Review the wreck tapes, you cut someone off or tap their quarter panel causing them to spin , even if your car comes though it basically unscratched yourself….that wreck causing driver and his car gets to sit out the next TWO races. No substitute driver for the owner or team allowed either. Everybody gets to feel the pain of their driver being an idiot.

Get tough with them, hurt their bottom line, and they won't play demolition derby with their equipment.

Or make a rule every chassis must race three races, bust it up so bad you can't fix it by next week, you sit out.

NASCAR management has no balls though, they don't want to shake things up.
tjs44
HotPass
HotPass

Post by tjs44 »

So when the 48 car got run over going into the pits yesterday because 2 cars wrecked behind him,do all 3 get a penalty or NASCAR has to determine which one of the 2 cars going in caused the wreck that took out the another car?I for one dont want NASCAR calling balls and strikes.The drivers will police them selves.JMO,Tom
swampbuggy
Guru
Guru

Post by swampbuggy »

Newold 1 , what makes you think that there is 164,000 seats at the Daytona International Speedway ??? Mark H.
tchapps88

Post by tchapps88 »

swampbuggy wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:43 pm Newold 1 , what makes you think that there is 164,000 seats at the Daytona International Speedway ??? Mark H.
daytona holds 101,000 now, back stretch seats are gone.
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

I was listening to the #1 News-talk radio station In the Carolinas(WBT), on my way home yesterday.
They had nothing but good things to say about the NBA allstar game, and how the NBA has re-invented itself with the younger generation. They then went on to say that NASCAR is in deep trouble, and has no way to re-invent itself. They talked about how bad their biggest race(Daytona 500) was. The news guy said that he felt the only thing of consequence in the whole race, was the crash with 10 laps to go. The host said, when it takes 30 minutes to finish the last 3 laps, you have a serious problem. This is a radio station that normally promotes the heck out of anything NASCAR related. They even partner with the NASCAR hall of fame, for the Christmas events.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

CamKing wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:57 am I was listening to the #1 News-talk radio station In the Carolinas(WBT), on my way home yesterday.
They had nothing but good things to say about the NBA allstar game, and how the NBA has re-invented itself with the younger generation. They then went on to say that NASCAR is in deep trouble, and has no way to re-invent itself. They talked about how bad their biggest race(Daytona 500) was. The news guy said that he felt the only thing of consequence in the whole race, was the crash with 10 laps to go. The host said, when it takes 30 minutes to finish the last 3 laps, you have a serious problem. This is a radio station that normally promotes the heck out of anything NASCAR related. They even partner with the NASCAR hall of fame, for the Christmas events.
Awesome!
Who listens to that crap anyway?!?

But whatever Mike, it's over, finished, wont be around another 2 years. Hows that?!?
Just give it a rest dooms day boy! [-X
tjs44
HotPass
HotPass

Post by tjs44 »

I was listing to NASCAR radio on Sirus yesterday,I would say the call in were 95% positive on the race!Virtually none had a issue with the crashes or the cost to the teams.As said,im not a fan of the super speedways but seems fan still like waiting for the big one.Tom
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

Warp Speed wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:22 am Awesome!
Sponsors. Potential Sponsors. People that are thinking about spending their hard earned money, to go to the 600, or the All-Star race. People whose tax dollars fund the NASCAR HoF. City and County officials that may be voting for or against NASCAR related projects.
So, nobody important.

I never said NASCAR will be gone in 2 years, but it's in trouble, and I doubt making the 1.5 mile races into Pack-racing crash fests, is going to help.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
(704)489-2449
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

tjs44 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:37 am I was listing to NASCAR radio on Sirus yesterday,I would say the call in were 95% positive on the race!Virtually none had a issue with the crashes or the cost to the teams.As said,im not a fan of the super speedways but seems fan still like waiting for the big one.Tom
You will hear the same positivity if you listen to the call-in's on IndyCar radio.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
(704)489-2449
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

CamKing wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:50 am
Warp Speed wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:22 am Awesome!
Sponsors. Potential Sponsors. People that are thinking about spending their hard earned money, to go to the 600, or the All-Star race. People whose tax dollars fund the NASCAR HoF. City and County officials that may be voting for or against NASCAR related projects.
So, nobody important.

I never said NASCAR will be gone in 2 years, but it's in trouble, and I doubt making the 1.5 mile races into Pack-racing crash fests, is going to help.
What don't you add something technical instead of your business minded political bullshit?!?
Wait........I know the reason.......never mind!
It's because your so far behind the deal, you wouldnt know an upswing for about 3 years!
But keep preaching, I'm sure someone will listen!
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

:x Fans who watch racing for the stimulation of car crashes disgust me! I think there is to much of this in today's racing spectators. Sometimes feels like Romans feeding christians to the lions in ancient Rome!

I am a huge fan of Racing and I watch or participate in racing to watch or experience crashes. I am a race fan because I enjoy seeing drivers and teams compete with skill to hopefully win at an racing event. I know some crashes are inevitable and happen, but I think its totally a turn off for me when one crash takes out half of the competing field in one crash and millions of dollars of equipment and team efforts go up in a pile of twisted metal and sometimes driver injuries. I always hope the crashes are infrequent and the cars and drivers can return to the fray!

The cost of crashes definitely strains the economy of race teams and it in my opinion shortens the viability of that racings future survival.

Damn those so called goolish fans who get off on watch crashes and spectacular losses in Racing. I think they should just go watch cage fighting and WWF and those circuses to get their jollies!

JUST MY REAL FU*KIN OPINION!
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

Warp Speed wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:00 am It's because your so far behind the deal, you wouldnt know an upswing for about 3 years!
But keep preaching, I'm sure someone will listen!
Poor boy. I must have struck a nerve. :lol:
Do worry. I'm sure your job is secure.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
(704)489-2449