Spears Racing Heads

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Sumtingwong
Re: Spears Racing Heads

Post by Sumtingwong »

Dave Koehler wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:43 pm Dig a little deeper on YP. The tech sections are reasonably polite.
100 posts in order to post?
Say what?
Did you read what you wrote?
Post in the tobt section is required whatever that is
Ericnova
Pro
Pro

Post by Ericnova »

Sumtingwong wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:35 pm
Dave Koehler wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:43 pm Dig a little deeper on YP. The tech sections are reasonably polite.
100 posts in order to post?
Say what?
Did you read what you wrote?
Post in the tobt section is required whatever that is
"tobt" is the "Trash or be Trashed" section over at YB.
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

Oh, ok. I think I looked at that particular forum once or twice which was twice too many.
I guess I never knew one had to earn the right to embarrass themselves there. :D
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

You don't.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
rfoll
Guru
Guru

Post by rfoll »

spierracingheads.com
So much to do, so little time...
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Re: Spears Racing Headse

Post by midnightbluS10 »

please delete.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
Momus
Pro
Pro

Post by Momus »

Dave Koehler wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:14 pm Oh, ok. I think I looked at that particular forum once or twice which was twice too many.
I guess I never knew one had to earn the right to embarrass themselves there. :D
The naturally aspirated section moderated by Chris Uratchco is as good as anywhere for tech info and discussion.
77cruiser
Guru
Guru

Post by 77cruiser »

midnightbluS10 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:56 pm You don't.
What I've seen they'll do it for free. :)
Jim
Orr89rocz
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Orr89rocz »

http://spe i erracingheads.com/index.html

There spelled right
cv67
Guru
Guru

Post by cv67 »

Id think he is easy enough to get ahold of?
Havent been on YB in yrs, got tired of the Jerry Springer Fbomb every 4 words mentality.

Is the tech decent?
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

cuisinartvette wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:23 pm Id think he is easy enough to get ahold of?
Havent been on YB in yrs, got tired of the Jerry Springer Fbomb every 4 words mentality.

Is the tech decent?
Not really. It's still a form of social media. There are some other "faces" over there, though and it does seem to be moderated somewhat.
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

As long as you stay out of Trash or be Trashed, it's not that bad, imo. Not until the idiots bring their personal & political issues with others out of TOBT or the political forum and into the tech sections, anyway.

For example, a poster from here, classact, posts over there and was dealing with a bunch of dumbasses calling them Ed Bigley just because his name starts with "class". Another guy reg'd as "classracer" around the same time, so they started jumping on that one, too. Every single post, no matter where. It'd turn into an argument about how they thought the person was Ed aka E165racer aka footbraker aka whatever else he uses. And the person would spend the entire thread denying it. Now one of em may be Ed. Who knows. That's just the type of stupid stuff you have to put up with over there.

They seem have a problem with trolls registering multiple names to talk shit because they're to scared to do it and be able to be identified. They won't own what they post.
JC -

GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

midnightbluS10 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:49 pm As long as you stay out of Trash or be Trashed, it's not that bad, imo. Not until the idiots bring their personal & political issues with others out of TOBT or the political forum and into the tech sections, anyway.

For example, a poster from here, classact, posts over there and was dealing with a bunch of dumbasses calling them Ed Bigley just because his name starts with "class". Another guy reg'd as "classracer" around the same time, so they started jumping on that one, too. Every single post, no matter where. It'd turn into an argument about how they thought the person was Ed aka E165racer aka footbraker aka whatever else he uses. And the person would spend the entire thread denying it. Now one of em may be Ed. Who knows. That's just the type of stupid stuff you have to put up with over there.

They seem have a problem with trolls registering multiple names to talk shit because they're to scared to do it and be able to be identified. They won't own what they post.
I don't care or YB's platform but they have some good info, my recent encounter here with classact taking everything out of context makes me think he chose the wrong screen name.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
CGT
Guru
Guru

Post by CGT »

midnightbluS10 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:49 pm They seem have a problem with trolls registering multiple names to talk shit because they're to scared to do it and be able to be identified. They won't own what they post.
Not unlike this thread. A means of self promotion using an alias by the great one himself.
ClassAct
Guru
Guru

Post by ClassAct »

GARY C wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:44 pm
midnightbluS10 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:49 pm As long as you stay out of Trash or be Trashed, it's not that bad, imo. Not until the idiots bring their personal & political issues with others out of TOBT or the political forum and into the tech sections, anyway.

I don't care or YB's platform but they have some good info, my recent encounter here with classact taking everything out of context makes me think he chose the wrong screen name.

I took nothing out of context. I posted facts.