6.4 hemi stroker

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

ebert
6.4 hemi stroker

Post by ebert »

I am building a 6.4 hemi stroker and this is the first one. the problem is the pistons are coming down further and hitting the oilers so I bend them down a slight bit then rotating the engine and the rod on the opposite bank hits the oiler and moves it back. do they offer other oilers or a elimination kit?
BillK
Guru
Guru

Re: 6.4 hemi stroker

Post by BillK »

There is no easy way to fix this. We machined down the boss where the oilers bolt to on the last one that we did. I cant remember who I talked to that suggested it but it was not my idea. But it worked great :) I think I have a picture somewhere of what we did. You have to counterbore the bolt hole afterwards to let the oring seal properly.

I dont think it is recommended to do away with them. They reduce piston temperature considerably.

If I can find the picture I will post it.
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

www.enginerepairshop.com
lance flake
Pro
Pro

Post by lance flake »

Could you machine a notch in the piston for clearance. May need to look at that being done by the piston manufacturer on the next set
BillK
Guru
Guru

Post by BillK »

lance flake wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:23 pm Could you machine a notch in the piston for clearance. May need to look at that being done by the piston manufacturer on the next set
The rods also hit so just notching the piston is not enough. We thought about that too.
Bill Koustenis
Waldorf Md

www.enginerepairshop.com
lance flake
Pro
Pro

Post by lance flake »

Gotcha. That's gonna be fun!
BillK
Guru
Guru

Post by BillK »

Ebert,
I must have deleted the picture, cant find it anywhere. Basically we just put the block in the Bridgeport and made the cutout where the oilers sit deeper. We also counterbored the bolt holes for the orings to fit.
Bill Koustenis
Waldorf Md

www.enginerepairshop.com