Thinking out loud. Billet head with water jackets.

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Old as Dirt
HotPass
HotPass

Re: Thinking out loud. Billet head with water jackets.

Post by Old as Dirt »

Well.. I don't quite know what to say.. He is above my pay grade. :wink:
SchmidtMotorWorks
Vendor

Post by SchmidtMotorWorks »

TMSJoe wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:41 pm
I am bothered by the "new generation" of "not motor heads" that the world is producing these days. The home billet head would likely be a 1 cylinder head adapted to a lawn mower engine. Possibly a junior dragster block. Maybe the project could the the Pinewood derby of modern times. Like I said, just thinking out loud......
Kids can see that working on IC engines doesn't have much of a future, sad to say they are correct (I design them for a living).
Helping to Deliver the Promise of Flying Cars
TMSJoe
Expert
Expert

Post by TMSJoe »

SchmidtMotorWorks wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:11 pm
Kids can see that working on IC engines doesn't have much of a future, sad to say they are correct (I design them for a living).
Though I agree the future may not be filled with IC engines, they are still here now. I'm not sure today's youth is planning their futures at all. Ironically, I have an electric bike I built in 2013. Fun and quiet. It's a compromise for me. I can't make noise on the rail trails but I can zip around on an Ebike and get no flack. Still, CNC + CAD skills can apply to fun or a job. Today kids would rather play video games. Not seeing much of a career there. Not for the masses at least.