General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Re: I want to do this to a --

Post by pdq67 »

Guys,

Sorry that I am dreaming, but I would love to see an old-school 1st Gen. engine keep up with a new school LS- engine is all!!

pdq67
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

Do or do not. There is no try. :D
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
peejay
Guru
Guru

Post by peejay »

pdq67 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:15 pm Guys,

Sorry that I am dreaming, but I would love to see an old-school 1st Gen. engine keep up with a new school LS- engine is all!!

pdq67
You won't, for the same reason flatties didn't keep up with the Chevys. The new hardware breathes a lot better and is a lot stronger in the bottom end, and there isn't really much you can do for that. By the time you fix the bottom end, it looks like an LS, by the time you fix the top end, it looks like an LS, by the time you eliminate the oil pump and distributor setup, it looks like an LS. Unless it looks like an LT1, I guess.

Look at what they did with the big blocks. The last of them looks like a 5/4 scale LS made in iron. The only thing left over from the old big blocks is the oil pump is still driven off of the back of the camshaft and they don't have a deep skirted block with crossbolted mains.
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

pdq67 wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:15 pm Guys,

pdq67
they can. LS's arent magic.