Engine simulation software

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Caprimaniac
Expert
Expert

Re: Engine simulation software

Post by Caprimaniac » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:10 am

DD2000 and 2003 can be downlodad via torrents or other. I got the 2000-version via Pirate bay- RIP- and it for sure runs on Windows 10.

I find it easy to use, and output sensible- at least With a N/A engine. I had trouble trying to runa SS or TS engine.

Are the newest/current Version DD5?
How to turn GURU in an instant.....

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:52 am

Caprimaniac wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:10 am
Yes but 6 is in limited release and has been for ....6 months or longer so it should be coming soon. I have it and it has some nice updates like now it lets you tell it what rpm you want the exhaust tuned for and it spits out the pipe lengths and diameters it chose. I forget what else is in there but I like that feature. Dynomation6 got a bunch of updates too.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:19 am

mk e wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:52 am
Caprimaniac wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:10 am
Yes but 6 is in limited release and has been for ....6 months or longer so it should be coming soon. I have it and it has some nice updates like now it lets you tell it what rpm you want the exhaust tuned for and it spits out the pipe lengths and diameters it chose. I forget what else is in there but I like that feature. Dynomation6 got a bunch of updates too.
Version 6 just got a bunch more features and a major makeover. ....so everything I said about the FE model ( desktop dyno) being high is now wrong.

On my engine FE is now reading 864hp vs about 1020 in yesterday's version. The wave model now reads 880 vs about 950 yesterday. 850-900 is where I think it will be when I finally get it running right and to the dyno so as sad as I am to see lower estimates I think they are probably closer to real.

There is a new screen the spits out what it thinks the optimal min port area should be....it says mine are a bit small which is also what pipimax tells me so that seems to match.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:38 am

mk e wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:19 am

There is a new screen the spits out what it thinks the optimal min port area should be....it says mine are a bit small which is also what pipimax tells me so that seems to match.
When I open the same screen, simulator lrun log, in the FE model it gives me what it thinks is optimal for the intake and exhaust dimension.....very pipemax like.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

Dave Koehler
Guru
Guru

Post by Dave Koehler » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:11 pm

I use Performance Trends Engine Analyzer Pro with Pipemax for a second opinion.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."