2.3 FOLLOWERS REGRIND PROCEDURE

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

hadmtrst
2.3 FOLLOWERS REGRIND PROCEDURE

Post by hadmtrst »

looking for info on regrindinding the follower pad,can it be done on a valve grinder with the right attachments,or have to be done at manufacturer?any info helpful thanks HAD
SchmidtMotorWorks
Vendor

Re: 2.3 FOLLOWERS REGRIND PROCEDURE

Post by SchmidtMotorWorks »

hadmtrst wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:07 am looking for info on regrindinding the follower pad,can it be done on a valve grinder with the right attachments,or have to be done at manufacturer?any info helpful thanks HAD
Since they have a socket rather than a bore, they will be difficult to make a fixture for.

Are you talking about the ductile iron ones?

It might be possible to do the pad that contacts the cam but given how inexpensive they are, I don't think I would be worth the effort.

I have seen the dirt cheap on eBay.
Helping to Deliver the Promise of Flying Cars
jred
Expert
Expert

Re: 2.3 FOLLOWERS REGRIND PROCEDURE

Post by jred »

you might check with web cams in California they hard face and regrind some of the others like Honda and such,,

you might also check with Esslinger Eng on 2.3 ford rockers they at one time made or had a 2.3 follower that had a harden insert that was machined after it was sweated in place..

the problem is that the 2.3's have a variable rocker arm ratio and I believe that the pad is shaped in an arc..