New engine build

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

randy331
Guru
Guru

Re: New engine build

Post by randy331 »

Frankshaft wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:46 pm Actually, the end goal is the first question, then a budget. Then we can figure out what can be built, and if it can reach the end goal. It's all about the money. I talked to this guy wanting a 632 for his boss hoss motorcycle once. Suggested this, oh, sweet, that sounds great! We can do that, awesome, yeah, let's do it!! Really, you should use an aluminum Block, it will make the bike easier to ride,. Oh yeah, gotta have that. So, how much is all that? $20-25k. What!! :shock: I only have about $7,000. Click.
Right.
Budget, end goal, and what parts they may already have that will work.

Just did a 475 cube BBc for a pulling truck. He brought a bunch of stuff he bought/found cheap. It still adds up.
A couple new oliver rods, new bolts in the rest and re sized, oh the block has a crack, needs a sleeve, new rods small end is heavier than old ones, so buy a couple lighter pins to get that in line, crank, cometic head gaskets, oil pan, oil pump, timing set and cover dyno time etc etc. His bill was close to $5000 before I added anything for doing it all. It;s even surprising how much you can tie up in shipping.

Randy
cardo0

Post by cardo0 »

OP said he wanted to discuss a hi po street build over a week ago but never showed up again . I think we failed him. :oops:
74 corvette: 350 4 speed
94 Z28: Gen II 350 auto
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

Ask for a glass of water on S/T, get blown off your feet by a firehose... :D
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
groberts101
Guru
Guru

Post by groberts101 »

MadBill wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:19 pm Ask for a glass of water on S/T, get blown off your feet by a firehose... :D
Right on. Anyone mention tunnel rams and superchargers yet? :lol:
302ford

Post by 302ford »

Nope I'm still here been awful busy I'll post back here in a day or so and thanks for all the reply so far
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

groberts101 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:38 pm
MadBill wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:19 pm Ask for a glass of water on S/T, get blown off your feet by a firehose... :D
Right on. Anyone mention tunnel rams and superchargers yet? :lol:
you forgot triple q jets. :lol: