Datsun L20B rockers

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Cubic_Cleveland
Guru
Guru

Datsun L20B rockers

Post by Cubic_Cleveland »

Hey guys looking for a source of stock style (or NOS) L20B rockers. I can’t find anything from my suppliers in Oz, and the ones in the engine resemble the chewed out cam that’s in it too.

Also cam grinder recommendations are welcome, was looking at Kelford, but open to suggestions. There are budget and time constraints. The car will be quicker with better suspension and that’s where the bulk of the money is going, we also need to make the Australian round of WRC in November. So no roller set-ups or anything super aggressive as it’s a rally car and longevity is key.

TIA.
KnightEngines
Guru
Guru

Re: Datsun L20B rockers

Post by KnightEngines »

Clive cams for datto stuff, clive has all the old wade grinds.
Rockers you can get through maddat.
volodkovich

Post by volodkovich »

Your best bet is to find used rockers and give em a lick on a wetstone to clean them up. If you really have issues finding any send me a PM and I'll see how many spares I have.

Some new rockers are a bit hit and miss so make sure they are OEM quality/NOS if you do get new ones.

Kelford have some old racer brown profiles and all the Works stuff, nothing is new designs or CNC ground. Probably pretty similar to what you can get in Aus so I wouldn't really bother sending it over the ditch.
WhitleyTune - Bespoke Camshaft, Valvetrain & Aluminium casting
Cubic_Cleveland
Guru
Guru

KnightEngines wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:28 am Clive cams for datto stuff, clive has all the old wade grinds.
Rockers you can get through maddat.
Thanks for the tip Tony, any idea on maddats rocker quality?
Cubic_Cleveland
Guru
Guru

volodkovich wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:01 pm Your best bet is to find used rockers and give em a lick on a wetstone to clean them up. If you really have issues finding any send me a PM and I'll see how many spares I have.

Some new rockers are a bit hit and miss so make sure they are OEM quality/NOS if you do get new ones.

Kelford have some old racer brown profiles and all the Works stuff, nothing is new designs or CNC ground. Probably pretty similar to what you can get in Aus so I wouldn't really bother sending it over the ditch.
Thanks for the heads up on the cam grinders and offer on the rockers Volodkovich!