Truckedup
Guru
Guru

Re: Need cam info for 40's-50's Buick

Post by Truckedup »

pdq67 wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:22 am
Truckedup wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:54 am
engineguyBill wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:37 pm In summary of previous posts:

- Isky is a good source of information concerning Buick nailhead V-8 cams, as well as other vintage engine info.

-
15 years ago I was building a GMC 302 inline 6 and called Isky to see what grinds they offered...The tech rep on the phone was friendly and talked for awhile but had almost nothing to offer because it needed to be a regrind .I did have a NOS GMC cam to regrind.....Oregon Cams had about 8 patterns that would work on a regrind, the owner was very knowledgeable about vintage engines,my self and other used them ,nice work for a nice price...
You should have talked to Ed himself!!

pdq67..
Yes I should have.... " Hello this is Mr Nobody and I need to order a camshaft for a vintage engine, I would like to speak to Mr Iskendarian please..I'm sorry, Mr Iskendairan is not available ,would you like to speak to a tech rep?".... :D The several street regrinds they had were ok but the tech guy was so laid back I didn't wake him up by ordering something............At Oregon Cams the owner answers questions...
The best cam I got for the 302 GMC was from Lazer Cams..The owner , Bill who has passed, reground an NOS cam I gave him into something that worked better than any others for the street..
Motorcycle land speed racing... wearing animal hides and clinging to vibrating oily machines propelled by fire