LGM shaft rockers

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Frankshaft
Guru
Guru
Re: LGM shaft rockers

Post by Frankshaft »

houser45 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:54 am Good luck on them clearing a 1.65” spring. A longer valve or tip length would help with clearing the 1.55” on t&d and jesels. Short valves, + installed height retainers and or locks will make it hard to clear.
I am not using 1.65 springs. I was just commenting on what they said. And I agree, I would be surprised if they cleared a 1.65 spring. And believe me, I understand all the things that make clearance on rockers.
Frankshaft
Guru
Guru

Post by Frankshaft »

bullheaded wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:18 am Not to hijack the thread or completely change the subject but.... why are you using such a big diameter spring?
I am not. I was just reporting what they said. Like I said above, I have had clearance issues on numerous sets on T&D rockers, and had to modify them to clear. My logic is if they say they will clear 1.65 diameter springs, they should clear by a mile on the 1.55 springs that are on the heads. For reference, T&D doesn't make any claims on clearance.
MasterUMC

Post by MasterUMC »

One more LGM customer here.. (just in case anyone finds this post later looking for feedback)

SBF AFR 205, been beating on them this season with 8k shifts, couldn't be happier. Good stuff.
Frankshaft
Guru
Guru

Post by Frankshaft »

MasterUMC wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:28 am One more LGM customer here.. (just in case anyone finds this post later looking for feedback)

SBF AFR 205, been beating on them this season with 8k shifts, couldn't be happier. Good stuff.
I would have liked to have tried them, but couldn't get an answer if they had what I wanted, and communication stopped. Kinda tough to try them.
Mark O'Neal
Guru
Guru

Post by Mark O'Neal »

If you guys have question about LGM, I'll try and help. I still have the prints for most of them, and will happily call Shelton on his cell at 3am for those questions I can't answer.
miniv8
Expert
Expert

Post by miniv8 »

We run LGM's on AFR sbc. Could not be happier with them.
Magnús Aðalvíkingur Finnbjörnsson
Caprimaniac
Guru
Guru

Post by Caprimaniac »

Actually..... was going to order in Scorpion shaft rocker for SBF Victor heads; listed in their catalogue and on Summit too. However, I was told they were not avilable at that moment- would take 6 months or more. I would like to og With Scorpion, looked good.... Whatever that means....

So, I wnt With LGM, and it looks good, too! To OP trying to Reach LGM: It make take some time, but they will get back to you. I don't know how many are employed at LGM and what number of People can anzwer the phone/ emails. But when I tried to Reach them, Shelton was away on a trip, and it took some time for him to get back to me. Only good Things to say about the Product and the Company, so far.
How to turn GURU in an instant.....
Frankshaft
Guru
Guru

Post by Frankshaft »

Caprimaniac wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:57 pm Actually..... was going to order in Scorpion shaft rocker for SBF Victor heads; listed in their catalogue and on Summit too. However, I was told they were not avilable at that moment- would take 6 months or more. I would like to og With Scorpion, looked good.... Whatever that means....

So, I wnt With LGM, and it looks good, too! To OP trying to Reach LGM: It make take some time, but they will get back to you. I don't know how many are employed at LGM and what number of People can anzwer the phone/ emails. But when I tried to Reach them, Shelton was away on a trip, and it took some time for him to get back to me. Only good Things to say about the Product and the Company, so far.
I get that, that's why I am not sweating them to bad, I just needed to get something coming
jed
HotPass
HotPass

Post by jed »

MTENGINES wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:03 pm [quote=Frankshaft post_id=756422 time=1533142803 user_id=26278

The few sets I used seamed like a compromise to get the sweep right.

The last set my customer set up and he had the same problem with the sweep, ended up compromising.

Could you explain what u mean by getting the " sweep right"
John
Caprimaniac
Guru
Guru

Post by Caprimaniac »

Good, Frank!

Got me thinking- maybe it was Howards, not Scorpion, offering a new line of shaft rockers- also for the 77219 heads, but failed to deliver at that time. Don’t remember
How to turn GURU in an instant.....
Frankshaft
Guru
Guru

Post by Frankshaft »

For anyone interested, I got the Scorpion rockers today. I was told they would ship Thursday. Not bad, they showed up 2 days earlier than they were supposed to ship by. I figured next Tuesday.

Spent a little time mocking up everything, well, they fit PERFECT. Roller tips line up dead on to valve tips, they clear the 1.55 springs by a bunch, and the geometry appears to be dead on with no shims under the stands. They are very nice appearing. Very happy. They do come with 8 each, .015, .030 and .060 shims if needed.