Moderator: Team

CGT
Guru
Guru
Re: Head ports , recommendations and BS

Post by CGT »

joespanova wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:49 am
GARY C wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:02 pm
To the OP, I would be very careful about changing your combo based off of internet info and wondering if your heads or Out Of The Box or if modified then why not go back to the original head guy, out of the names you dropped in your OP it seems you are leaning toward the least experienced one, would that be your best bet given how well your combo works?

It's few and far between that the top level guys stumble upon something exceptional and it sees even harder to duplicate it.
He still ports heads , very busy. This whole conversation was born from me looking at alternatives. Then it "evolved" into , do I find anything that's really better than what I have.
Simply put.....unless my heads become unserviceable , for the time being there are no guarantees. Someone would have to give me a set to try. They work I buy........they don't , they get returned.
Yeah, I like the attitude, but you likely won't find many takers on that. That turns into "If my cam, heads, didn't pick you up, there is something wrong with your engine...etc etc." :lol: . People are then are put into a position buying a lot of complimentary parts to make the new combo run better....the same parts that would have also made their old combo run better. :lol:
joespanova
Expert
Expert

Post by joespanova »

CGT wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:08 am
joespanova wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:49 am
GARY C wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:02 pm
To the OP, I would be very careful about changing your combo based off of internet info and wondering if your heads or Out Of The Box or if modified then why not go back to the original head guy, out of the names you dropped in your OP it seems you are leaning toward the least experienced one, would that be your best bet given how well your combo works?

It's few and far between that the top level guys stumble upon something exceptional and it sees even harder to duplicate it.
He still ports heads , very busy. This whole conversation was born from me looking at alternatives. Then it "evolved" into , do I find anything that's really better than what I have.
Simply put.....unless my heads become unserviceable , for the time being there are no guarantees. Someone would have to give me a set to try. They work I buy........they don't , they get returned.
Yeah, I like the attitude, but you likely won't find many takers on that. That turns into "If my cam, heads, didn't pick you up, there is something wrong with your engine...etc etc." :lol: . People are then are put into a position buying a lot of complimentary parts to make the new combo run better....the same parts that would have also made their old combo run better. :lol:
Given my skills , understanding my limits and utilizing my "resources" , that ain't gonna happen.......LOL
modified wanna be
Rick360
Guru
Guru

Post by Rick360 »

Rick360 wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:43 pm What rocker ratio and how much net valve lift do you have?

Rick
Would still like to know the answer to this ^^^. That would affect the preferred size of the head.

Rick
joespanova
Expert
Expert

Post by joespanova »

There's nothing left here......time to let this die......
modified wanna be
speedtalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by speedtalk »

joespanova wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:15 am There's nothing left here......time to let this die......
Agreed. Thanks for starting the thread.
In Memory of Don Terrill
SpeedTalk Owner/Admin