Holley 4150 fuel bowl fittings

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

gramps
Holley 4150 fuel bowl fittings

Post by gramps »

What is the secret to get the screw in fuel fitting to seal when the system is under pressure? Problems with both new bowls which are new, different fittings, new seals, and how in hell are you suppose to get a 1" wrench in the close quarters where fitting meets bowl?
JDR Performance
Pro
Pro
Re: Holley 4150 fuel bowl fittings

Post by JDR Performance »

Make sure the gaskets aren't too far to the fuel bowl side of the fitting or they will get pinched on the shoulder while tightening and they'll leak. There are long inlet fittings available that don't have the flats by the fuel bowl and it makes for easier access. If you are using stock type fittings, you can get a wrench on it but it's a little more cumbersome.
gramps

Post by gramps »

I have a set of fittings you spoke of on order, hope they help. Any preference on gasket material?
jmarkaudio
Vendor

Post by jmarkaudio »

When there are sealing issues Quick Fuel has a nylon gasket that's a little thicker and will conform to small irregularities.
Mark Whitener
www.racingfuelsystems.com
____

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.
6.50camaro
HotPass
HotPass

Post by 6.50camaro »

No gasket , use crush washers . Gaskets catch and tear as they get tight. Crush washers made from a soft metal with a little petroleum jelly lube seal much easier IMO . Dan
cgarb
Guru
Guru

Post by cgarb »

Or you can buy new bowls with the #8 an o-ring style fittings....but not needed. I've had good luck over the years with the metal crush washers and the Teflon washers. Steel stock style fittings I use the metal washers, on the aluminum an style fittings I use the Teflon washers.
stealth
Guru
Guru

Post by stealth »

Job weld on the threads....done deal.
pamotorman
Guru
Guru

Post by pamotorman »

I would use 2 of the stock holley black coated aluminum ones and never had a leak even on higher fuel pressure alky carbs
Kbails

Post by Kbails »

i had same issue and only use the nylon ones now. there about .070 thick and dont need to be that tight to get a good seal, they stay tight and leak free. if you crank on them they will break . i would recommend buy a bunch and replace any time it gets removed .
Long Island, NY
gramps

Post by gramps »

After getting some Fragola fittings with wrench flats at the other end of the fitting and some nylon seals leaks are cured. All the Holley performance carbs should be made for o ring use like the aluminum Ultra XP LINE.