Rule of Thumb Accuracy

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

F-BIRD'88
Guru
Guru

Re: Rule of Thumb Accuracy

Post by F-BIRD'88 »

Just to throw a wrench in the spokes here, (for thought) , I think on that 3 cam test that another cam should have been run, A off the shelf comp cs 294s-10 Magnum.

Tested in 3 installed positions. 102 in CL, 107 in CL and 110, and see how the evil off the shelf cam does in this motor. I bet it will do very well and show its very adjustable nature by just "dialing it in" for the torque curve you want best.
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

F-BIRD'88 wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:17 pm Just to throw a wrench in the spokes here, (for thought) , I think on that 3 cam test that another cam should have been run, A off the shelf comp cs 294s-10 Magnum.

Tested in 3 installed positions. 102 in CL, 107 in CL and 110, and see how the evil off the shelf cam does in this motor. I bet it will do very well and show its very adjustable nature by just "dialing it in" for the torque curve you want best.
Testing always shows the need for more tests, but such a cam would have been an excellent addition.
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
F-BIRD'88
Guru
Guru

Post by F-BIRD'88 »

As DV said it would also have been a better test if each of the 3 cams had been tested to find the best installed phasing for each, then compare against their straight up phasing tests.
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

Warp Speed wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:42 pm
At least Jon knows what he is talking about. Your 2003 story says allot about your knowledge!
Actually, the way you bash Jons approach says allot about your lack of knowledge in today's performance field...... :wink:
Ok, that's cute. Jon carries on ad nauseum about how someone is wrong but can't/won't say why they're right because they're bound by multiple OEM NDAs.

Then you mention how easy it is for the aftermarket to improve on the design that supposedly took 20,000 hours of simulation (that Jon was apparently involved with) and all the sudden he's an aftermarket engineer too. Again, bound by an NDA.
speedtalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by speedtalk »

Click on your username in upper right corner > User Control Panel > Friends & Foes > Manage Foes
In Memory of Don Terrill
SpeedTalk Owner/Admin