Cast iron Track Boss Cleveland block.....

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

TMeyer
Cast iron Track Boss Cleveland block.....

Post by TMeyer »

Is just around the corner.

Track Boss update.....
The aluminum foundry has finished the 3 samples of the 5th revision. This last revision now allows us to offer a true 9.500” block.
SO...I will be traveling to Manitowoc, WI to pick up the tooling and I will be delivering it to Jarvie in Niles, OH.
At Jarvie, they will be ready to start casting the grade 40 cast iron blocks.
It is very possible we will be seeing casting before the end of the month.
TMeyer
Re: Cast iron Track Boss Cleveland block.....

Post by TMeyer »

Yes, it is finally happening!!!
I put 1900 miles on from the 4th – 8th to pick up the tooling for the Cleveland block and delivered it to
Jarvie Performance Castings in Niles, Ohio.
https://www.facebook.com/jarvieperformance/
http://www.jarvieperformance.com

Jarvie is a small foundry that is dedicated to performance automotive products.
They currently do blocks, heads or intakes for Dart, Ponds, All Pro Heads and a couple other names…that I forgot.

They have a capability to cast our blocks in grade 40 cast iron or 356-T6 aluminum.
They have ordered water jacket cores, which take about 2-3 weeks, then once they receive them they are scheduled to cast (10) blocks a week
until we say “enough”
At this point right now, counting warehouse in Australia & Canada, we have a little over 100 blocks spoken for.

For the CGI customers…we still want to cast them, but the CGI foundry is being a real pain about it.
Once we have produced a few dozen cast iron blocks, they may look more favorably to do CGI.

Current schedule….
Eck industries (C3A1) currently has 3 blocks cast & in heat treat this week.
Jarvie should be casting cast iron and a few aluminum (356-T6) starting in 2-3 weeks.
Eck Industries have (5) alloy casting scheduled for deliver Sept 1st and (9) casting scheduled for the end of September.
CGI blocks…while the tooling is at Eck industries, at this point we will get a “yea” or “nea” weather the CGI foundry want to cast the block.
Hopefully we will finally have an answer for our CGI customers by middle September.

Bottom line (in theory) is we will have a pile of blocks by the end of July, or beginning of August.

Here is the “theoretical” block line-up.
*(C3A1) Supracast Aluminum block W/ billet main caps & studs fasteners.
*(356-T6) Aluminum block, W/ductile main caps
*CGI iron Iron block W/ billet caps & studs fasteners
*Grade 40 cast iron Iron block W/ ductile iron caps.
You can see we are wanting to offer a high end & “economical” Aluminum & Iron version.

We really appreciate everybody’s patience
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Re: Cast iron Track Boss Cleveland block.....

Post by cjperformance »

Sounds good =D>
Craig.