Speedmaster aluminum block

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

grant6395
Pro
Pro
Speedmaster aluminum block

Post by grant6395 »

Anyone used one yet in a 1000 plus hp n/ a application? Sbf. I acquired one and it looks ok.
Frankshaft
Guru
Guru
Re: Speedmaster aluminum block

Post by Frankshaft »

grant6395 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:28 pm Anyone used one yet in a 1000 plus hp n/ a application? Sbf. I acquired one and it looks ok.
You mean pro Comp. They played the let's screw everyone to the absolute limit, file bankruptcy, then rename the company and start the cycle over selling the same garbage. They can 🖕 themselves
blykins
Guru
Guru

Post by blykins »

Wouldn't trust anything about it.
Lykins Motorsports
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
Custom Ford Windsor, Cleveland, and FE Street/Race Engines
grant6395
Pro
Pro

Post by grant6395 »

Lol. I knew this was coming.Anyone else?
amc fan
Expert
Expert

Post by amc fan »

I was wondering myself and if anyone looked at the one for a small block Chevrolet also.
Frankshaft
Guru
Guru

Post by Frankshaft »

amc fan wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:33 pm I was wondering myself and if anyone looked at the one for a small block Chevrolet also.
Buy it up. People amaze me. Fuckin company sells literal garbage, has been sued 50 times from stealing other companies products, then they file bankruptcy, rename the company, sell the same shit, and people are still dumb enough to buy it. WOW
amc fan
Expert
Expert

Post by amc fan »

Frankenshaft I personally would never use an aluminum block of any make. I think they're all junk. Line boring and line honing one that spun the bearings on the mains is a real daunting task.
blykins
Guru
Guru

Post by blykins »

amc fan wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:52 pm Frankenshaft I personally would never use an aluminum block of any make. I think they're all junk. Line boring and line honing one that spun the bearings on the mains is a real daunting task.
Right there with you. I think aluminum blocks are worthless.
Lykins Motorsports
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
Custom Ford Windsor, Cleveland, and FE Street/Race Engines
pamotorman
Guru
Guru

Post by pamotorman »

as far as durability what about the all aluminum turbo charged engines that race in 24 hour sports car races ???
hoffman900
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoffman900 »

pamotorman wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:30 pm as far as durability what about the all aluminum turbo charged engines that race in 24 hour sports car races ???
Some people never left the Stone Age. :lol:

As for Pro-Comp’s business dealings, that seems to be more the American way of doing business than not, unfortunately. Look at our President... oops. :^o
-Bob
grant6395
Pro
Pro

Post by grant6395 »

This sbf block I have here looks the part, but I don't trust it. Aside from the shitty name and reputation, has anyone here put one into service? Trust me, I'm not a fan of it.. just inquiring.
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

Frankshaft wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:26 pm
amc fan wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:33 pm I was wondering myself and if anyone looked at the one for a small block Chevrolet also.
Buy it up. People amaze me. Fuckin company sells literal garbage, has been sued 50 times from stealing other companies products, then they file bankruptcy, rename the company, sell the same shit, and people are still dumb enough to buy it. WOW
Didn't somebody post that Molnar imports rods from China? But nobody ever complains about that. They just buy em up. What's the difference? Other than one has a well-known name so it leads people to assume they're American made? His website says some are "...finished in the USA". That could be something like honing the ends. But that's OK?
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
Steve.k
Guru
Guru

Post by Steve.k »

amc fan wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:52 pm Frankenshaft I personally would never use an aluminum block of any make. I think they're all junk. Line boring and line honing one that spun the bearings on the mains is a real daunting task.
Hmm. Almost every oem is moved this direction? Seems odd doesn't it. And get 200,000 miles at least on those junkie alloy blocks.But speedmaster thats a different deal.
Steve.k
Guru
Guru

Post by Steve.k »

midnightbluS10 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:03 pm
Frankshaft wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:26 pm
Didn't somebody post that Molnar imports rods from China? But nobody ever complains about that. They just buy em up. What's the difference? Other than one has a well-known name so it leads people to assume they're American made? His website says some are "...finished in the USA". That could be something like honing the ends. But that's OK?
Molnar is not the only ones.
KnightEngines
Guru
Guru

Post by KnightEngines »

There is made in china to quality specifications & there is made in china by the lowest bidder.

Guess which one applies to speedmaster/procomp?