Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 EFI, oval port BBC, Victor Jr style oval intake or Hi-ram square port?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

ctk30

Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 EFI, oval port BBC, Victor Jr style oval intake or Hi-ram square port?

Post by ctk30 »

I'm looking at this efi system for my truck so I can take it on rocks and trails without the carb stalling, its a 468 BBC about 10.5:1 with around 230/240 cam and .600 lift. 112 LSA if I remember correctly

I have 781 heads, would it be worth while to try and get the hi ram intake, even though it is a square port going to an oval port head? I've read the threads on standards rectangle intake on oval ports, but I feel like this is a little unique with the fuel being injected where the disruption is

Either kit is around $1900 so the price is negligible

k1ob.com
psychomotors
Pro
Pro

Re: Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 EFI, oval port BBC, Victor Jr style oval intake or Hi-ram square port?

Post by psychomotors »

Personally, I wouldn't do the rectangle to oval. Oval to rectangle ,yes jmho. Why not just use one of the "bolt on" carb type units? They are pretty much "plug n play" any more. That way , you can use the intake you already have and still have the whole FI experience. FAST , Sniper, FItech, etc all have some pretty good and versatile units.
Everyone appreciates your honesty , until you're honest with them , then you're an @$$hole.
F-BIRD'88
Guru
Guru

Re: Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 EFI, oval port BBC, Victor Jr style oval intake or Hi-ram square port?

Post by F-BIRD'88 »

Switch to a Q jet carb.
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

For your application and needs I would say go with the sequential port type injection and the Edelbrock Pro-flo 4 system in oval port. The tune ability and even cylinder fueling will be an advantage when rumbling about the rocks and bumps at lower rpms. JMHO :wink:
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
ctk30

Post by ctk30 »

Part of my reasoning for wanting this is that I have an old Yorker intake that meets the heads at a 45 angle. I figured this could use an upgrade and I also wanted to change the distributor out from one of the cheap Chinese ones.

I’ll order the oval port one and use the carb on another project

Now to figure out how to mount the fuel pump in the fuel cell...
k1ob.com
KnightEngines
Guru
Guru

Post by KnightEngines »

Use your old carb fuel pump as a lift pump to a 1 gal surge tank, EFI pump pulls from the surge tank, return goes back to the fuel cell.
gruntguru
Guru
Guru

Post by gruntguru »

Preferably the EFI return goes to the surge tank and a return from (the top of) the surge tank goes to the main tank.