cleveland stroker combo

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Steve.k
Guru
Guru
Re: cleveland stroker combo

Post by Steve.k »

The Trackboss cleveland block is being built. However the first run of our alloy are all sold and the cast blocks are delayed at foundry. So while they are being cast in usa the timeline to get things poured is not in our favour.
Olds455

Post by Olds455 »

blykins wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:23 am @ Geoff2: You'd lose that bet....

Totally different parts and quality of parts. You won't find any Eagle parts in my shop.

@ the OP: I specialize in Clevelands and have tried about every combination of rotating assembly parts out there. I have (2) 408C's in here now. Both use Scat crankshafts. One uses a Scat 6" I-beam rod and the other one uses a Molnar 6" rod.

Both will clear the cylinders without grinding.

If you use a larger H-beam rod, such as an Eagle, or a Scat, you will need to grind.

FWIW, I've never ran a 3.850" stroke, always a 4". The wives tales about extra stress in a Cleveland with a 4" stroke are just that.

There's another good Cleveland forum...... www.the351cforum.com I know the owner personally..... :lol: Lots of hard core racers and engine builders there with tons of Cleveland experience, both factory and aftermarket/out-of-the-box.
I actually just came across this yesterday. Import data for Molnar. They import from at least 2 different Chinese companies. I only checked a few shipments, though. Sunglory and BW, but I can't recall what BW stands for.

Edit: BW is Bridgeway Everpower Engine Parts

https://www.usaimportdata.com/usa-impor ... olnar.aspx
Steve.k
Guru
Guru

Post by Steve.k »

After being involved on the Trackboss project i can easily see why many companies go offshore. There is a major back log on US foundries and you just cannot get work done. I could easily see why companies get discouraged and hit the trail.
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

So someone posted on Molnar's Facebook page asking about a rod they have on display and whether it was from Sunglory. He deleted it. Wonder what's up? His website says they're machined in the US, I believe. Is it possible they aren't and that's what he didn't want people finding out?
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
groberts101
Guru
Guru

Post by groberts101 »

midnightbluS10 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:08 pm So someone posted on Molnar's Facebook page asking about a rod they have on display and whether it was from Sunglory. He deleted it. Wonder what's up? His website says they're machined in the US, I believe. Is it possible they aren't and that's what he didn't want people finding out?
Not for sure but I think much of that may have to do with many companies not wanting average Joe consumer to know where base production takes place or who/where there distributors are. Some won't even do drop shipments for that very reason.
Steve.k
Guru
Guru

Post by Steve.k »

They are machined in US.
Krooser
Guru
Guru

Post by Krooser »

Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019