Re: trouble with dominators

Post by chevy art »

hey 2555 i will get the cqrb numbers and post them thanks art
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

just gonna interject here as i really see the statement "these carbs were set up for nitrous". who's selling the ball of crap? in a wet system, demand from the carb drops to just about nothing when the juice is running.
chevy art
Pro
Pro

Post by chevy art »

hey lefty both my buddies have 4 pages of real impressive stats on these carbs and it cost 450 dollars for each carb to get these pedigree papers. i always went under the assumption that a good factory carb, properly chosen for a motor was about 1 jet size away from race ready. i dont know why my buddies spent all this money and now the cars wont even run without washing out the cylinders. art
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Post by mag2555 »

With the Carb for he bigger motor I would get it back to out of the jetting and get the power valves back in it and see how it runs, it's worth the 20 minutes of work to confirm things!
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

chevy art wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:30 pm one friend has a 502 bb ford with aluminum heads and makes power to aprox 65oo and other friend has a 383 sbc with big alum heads abd big solid roller and can probably go to 7500-8000 rpms. both had the 1050s sent out to some guru and the carbs camd back as follows m 502 carb is 92 square now with no power valve and the 383 carb if 90 square with no power valves. i believe factore specs are 88 jets front and rear and 4,5 PV in front and rear. both of these carbs turn the plugs in both engines black and sooty and gas just flows driving around and even over 4000 rpms. both engines are plumbed for niitrous the 383 has individual nitrous line to each cylinder runner on intake and a plate is on the 502 ford. dont know what else the carb guy did to these carbs. as far as i am concerned each carb should have been within 1 jet size to run great right out of the box without the juice. any ideas what could be going wrong with these carbs other than the fact that they are probably too big for each engine. thanks for help art
What exactly do you mean by "right out of the box"? Most people use that when speaking about new, untouched, unmodified parts. If that's the case, how would the same carb be close on two totally different combos?
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
jmarkaudio
Vendor

Post by jmarkaudio »

See if you can get all metering specs on the carbs. Jet size can be significantly different whether it 2 or 3 circuit, and on 3 depends on how much intermediate fuel is being used. While it supply primarily at part throttle being a divorced circuit it feeds some at WOT. A single 2 circuit 1050 will be around 92-93 with no power valves on non oxygenated gas, 2 carbs usually less. But it also sounds like the rest of the calibration is off for idle and transition metering, driving around on the street is where they spend most of the time.
Mark Whitener
www.racingfuelsystems.com
____

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.