Flow bench results

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

statsystems
Guru
Guru
Re: Flow bench results

Post by statsystems »

John Wallace wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:46 pm So a head that flowzz 415 cfm is a lot better than a head that flowz 415 cfm?
(and a lot better than one that flows 415 cfm)

:?:

Should make a sticky out of this post.

Sums it up perfectly.
Rick360
Guru
Guru

Post by Rick360 »

statsystems wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:24 pm
John Wallace wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:46 pm So a head that flowzz 415 cfm is a lot better than a head that flowz 415 cfm?
(and a lot better than one that flows 415 cfm)

:?:

Should make a sticky out of this post.

Sums it up perfectly.
But a head that flowZZ 415 cfm makes even MORE power than one that only flowzz 415 cfm. =D>

So to sum it up ...
flowZZ > flowzz > flowZ > flowz > flows

Rick
swampbuggy
Guru
Guru

Post by swampbuggy »

Flows=461 196?
FLOWZZ= DRCE Pro-stock. 2018. LOL. Mark H.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

swampbuggy wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:08 am Gary, Matt who is MBE cylinder heads said that they got away from taper in the port and there's more power there with less taper this is on high horsepower stuff. Mark H.
On a better designed induction system you have more control of size shape and cs consistency, my comment was toward as cast 23 degree components. On a single depending on rpm and application you have between 3 and 3.5 sq in at the plenum tapering down to 2 sq in at the flange where a RPM Airgap is near 2 sq in from plenum to flange, on a street vs race tunnel ram you would see a size, length or taper difference.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

RevTheory wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:13 am It's just a long-running funny that Randy came up with a year or two ago. It stuck :lol:
Thank you! I thought I was losing my mind. Or you guys were lol.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING