Wheeler crankshafts

Post by 526 turbo »

Hi they are older cranks but are they any good? Can't find infr on them thx
Charliesauto
Pro
Pro
Re: Wheeler crankshafts

Post by Charliesauto »

526 turbo wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:30 am Hi they are older cranks but are they any good? Can't find infr on them thx
No
526 turbo

Post by 526 turbo »

Thx
Frankshaft
Guru
Guru

Post by Frankshaft »

Wheeler power products I am assuming? They are long gone. But if you came across a crank, its an RPM international crank etched with their name. I never purchased one to use, but have had a few come thru, and they worked fine. Just measure and make sure you get the appropriate bearings for proper clearance. They were on the big side. There are definitely better choices to be had though.
DracerX

Post by DracerX »

Frankshaft, do you know who Wheeler used for their H-beam rods? Of course the next question is are they any good?
A friend of mine has a set NIB. 6.385".
Frankshaft
Guru
Guru

Post by Frankshaft »

Same source, RPM international. They are ok too. Just an fyi, that's who Motorville's "renegade" line of parts are sourced. As is competition products. As are many others.

I used to use them for 440 Mopar engines I did, when I used stock cranks. The only thing was the little ends were to wide to fit between most off shelf Pistons, in between the pin bores. I liked them for no other reason was price point, and they came with ARP 2000 bolts. But, I always had to trim the little end widths. Check sizing, and make sure little end fits between pin bores of Piston, and run em. They are fine.
DracerX

Post by DracerX »

Thank you!
Mark O'Neal
Guru
Guru

Post by Mark O'Neal »

DracerX wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:57 am Frankshaft, do you know who Wheeler used for their H-beam rods? Of course the next question is are they any good?

Anyone that would ship them.Which was anyone that wasn't pissed off at him at the time.

He rotated suppliers right regularly.
Frankshaft
Guru
Guru

Post by Frankshaft »

Mark O'Neal wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:28 pm
DracerX wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:57 am Frankshaft, do you know who Wheeler used for their H-beam rods? Of course the next question is are they any good?

Anyone that would ship them.Which was anyone that wasn't pissed off at him at the time.

He rotated suppliers right regularly.
What are you saying, he was a crook? Lol