Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Re: SBC: bushed solid roller lifters & rev kit

Post by Warp Speed »

pamotorman wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:13 pm
Warp Speed wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:06 pm
pamotorman wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:55 am

i think it is a ford block and i got the picture off of the internet. many years ago a friend of mine worked at DEI he showed me chevy blocks using aluminum sheet metal as the shield and epoxied in place. doing careful measurement for length you could use the cam bearings to hold the tubing in place
I believe that's an old Penske block from the late '90s early 2000s. Illmore deal.
We tried it on our SB2s, but with the low exchange rate of the oil due to the lack of an effective way to properly scavenge the tunnel, heat would build up with the flat tappet cams so we didn't do it long. Of course this was designed in to the R07.
i believe the NASCAR dodge engines were the first to build this into the block. why did you not install a drain in the rear to allow the tray to drain out ??? the blocks at DEI also had 16 jets spraying fresh oil on each cam lobe from the top
Ya, the Dodge got the new engine first. It was a copy of that design.
All of the flat tappet stuff was oiled at each lobe. If you put a drain in the bottom of the tunnel, you negate most of the positives of the design.
swampbuggy
Guru
Guru

Post by swampbuggy »

Warpspeed, did you miss my question about post race valve lash numbers ?? Mark H. :(
swampbuggy
Guru
Guru

Post by swampbuggy »

sorry folks....my question is on the wrong thread :lol: Mark H.