LSX-LS3 Dual-Plane Standard Deck 4-bbl Manifold with EFI?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

cardo0

LSX-LS3 Dual-Plane Standard Deck 4-bbl Manifold with EFI?

Post by cardo0 »

Anyone using the LSX-LS3 Dual-Plane Standard Deck 4-bbl Manifold #19244037 with EFI instead of a carb? Manifold has injector bosses cast in it. I imagine it would help mid-range on a street LS3 motor. Sounds like a great idea to me as it flows only air down to the ports and fuel won't drop out at low velocity and puddle like with a carb. Add some mid-range torque with longer runners. Definitely not an all race item but more for a street warrior.
74 corvette: 350 4 speed
94 Z28: Gen II 350 auto
DrillDawg
Expert
Expert
Re: LSX-LS3 Dual-Plane Standard Deck 4-bbl Manifold with EFI?

Post by DrillDawg »

There is a write up in the new Hot Rod with just about all the LS3 intakes made.
BORN RIGHT THE FIRST TIME
Newold1
Guru
Guru
Re: LSX-LS3 Dual-Plane Standard Deck 4-bbl Manifold with EFI?

Post by Newold1 »

I don't know who or why that manifold was developed by GM for LS engines. Crazy for one any of the tall long runner spider manifolds with a carb will kick butt on that manifold. In EFI it gets even worse! Uneven length runners, crazy curves and disruptions to even air flow. Remember air flows in an EFI dry air manifold will loose about 15% of air flow each time you make quick changes in direction of flow! Try and remember, select EQUAL size and length runners from carb or throttle body and match the size and lengths to the needs of the engine at operating rpms and loads and for damn sure KEEP THEM STRAIGHT AS POSSIBLE!! :wink:
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink: