Sbc Victor Junior vs Victor junior Bowtie

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

reginald
Sbc Victor Junior vs Victor junior Bowtie

Post by reginald »

Can anybody explain the difference between these intakes and which would be more suited to a afr 210 head. Sorry for the noob questions.
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Re: Sbc Victor Junior vs Victor junior Bowtie

Post by mag2555 »

Just what the discription states in the Edelbrock catalog!
The Bow tie version has flange port exit sizes and locations better suited to those 3 Bow tie castings listed without going thru a port match workout which is forbidden in certain racing classes, Plenum and runner sizes are other wise the same .

As far as working better for the 210 heads I would opt for the Jr Intake unless your motor is Camed for a good chunk of power band above being above 5500 , then I would go with the supper Victor.
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

Personally ...I would use the Professional Products #52035, which the design is based upon the GM Bow-Tie intake manifold.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
turbo2256b
Pro
Pro

Post by turbo2256b »

look at the flow testing in my brodix IK heads for sale
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Walter R. Malik wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:30 am Personally ...I would use the Professional Products #52035, which the design is based upon the GM Bow-Tie intake manifold.
I like that one over the Junior for design and line of site.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
maxracesoftware
Vendor

Post by maxracesoftware »

reginald wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:01 am Can anybody explain the difference between these intakes and which would be more suited to a afr 210 head. Sorry for the noob questions.
a AFR 210 SBC Head has a relatively Floor Apex height like a #034 Bowtie Head
and Edelbrock Victor Jr Bowtie Intake Runner Shape and Runner Port CenterLine Angle enhances Mid-Lift Flow numbers ( designed for this purpose ) ,
when used together with a #034 Bowtie Head ... so it should be a pretty good combo with a AFR 210 Head
and give you good underneath Hood clearance... and the flat plenum floor of the Victor Jr Bowtie gives good Mixture distribution
and helps handle higher Mixture velocities out the Carb Bores , if you wanted to use maybe as small as a 750 CFM Carb w/4-Hole Spacer

i did not test exactly that Edelbrock Victor Jr Bowtie manifold ,
but instead Flowbench tested + Dyno tested the larger version Edelbrock Victor Bowtie manifold
and it does pickup more Mid-Lift Flow -to- a little Higher-Lift Flow Numbers on a #034 Bowtie GM/Chevy Head
...just like it was designed to do !
( this was years ago ... maybe they redesigned that Manifold since then ? )

if you want higher RPM HP ?
the regular #2925 Edelbrock Super Victor manifold in Ported shape is very good
MaxRace Software
PipeMax and ET_Analyst for DragRacers
https://www.maxracesoftwares.com
maxracesoftware
Vendor

Post by maxracesoftware »

Walter R. Malik wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:30 am Personally ...I would use the Professional Products #52035, which the design is based upon the GM Bow-Tie intake manifold.
i need to buy Professional Products #52035 and test it .. looks good
i downloaded their new Catalog , ... i did'nt know they made so many other Manifolds + a bunch of Products .

Walter , i haven't had one of these "Professional Products #52035" Hurricane + Plus manifolds on the Dyno to test
but the older Hurricanes have been pretty good ... depends on how much HP and RPM Range the OP wants ?
MaxRace Software
PipeMax and ET_Analyst for DragRacers
https://www.maxracesoftwares.com
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

maxracesoftware wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:13 pm
i need to buy Professional Products #52035 and test it .. looks good
i downloaded their new Catalog , ... i did'nt know they made so many other Manifolds + a bunch of Products .

Walter , i haven't had one of these "Professional Products #52035" Hurricane + Plus manifolds on the Dyno to test
but the older Hurricanes have been pretty good ... depends on how much HP and RPM Range the OP wants ?
I have dyno tested it a few years ago on a 364" road race engine against an older Dart "Wilson", (which was another Bow-Tie derivative), and the top end power was a wash but. more at peak torque and below.
Both manifolds were port matched to THAT Dart 220 head being used.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.