Indy heads

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Indy heads

Post by 007 »

Does anyone know what brand of valves that Indy puts in their rhs 360x heads with 2.02 intake and 1.625 exhaust. It’s for hydraulic roller with .561 lift with 1.65 rr. Thanks
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Re: Indy heads

Post by midnightbluS10 »

LA or Magnum? I don't know if they use different stuff between the LA-X and the MA-X heads but I figured I'd ask just in case.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
Amilcar
Pro
Pro

Post by Amilcar »

S.I valves or Hughes, have them std height or +100.
rebelrouser
Guru
Guru

Post by rebelrouser »

I bought a set bare and got my valves from Hughes. You should put bronze guides in them, for some reason the valves are bad to hang in the stock guides. I assume it is a cooling issue. I stuck two exhaust valves, had them on the shelf for a while, never n\knew of the issue until I stuck a valve, and started reading on the internet. Only good thing is the 5/16 stem bends easy so it does not damage a lot of stuff, hardly marked the piston.
ou812
HotPass
HotPass

Post by ou812 »

rebelrouser wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:10 am I bought a set bare and got my valves from Hughes. You should put bronze guides in them, for some reason the valves are bad to hang in the stock guides. I assume it is a cooling issue. I stuck two exhaust valves, had them on the shelf for a while, never n\knew of the issue until I stuck a valve, and started reading on the internet. Only good thing is the 5/16 stem bends easy so it does not damage a lot of stuff, hardly marked the piston.
If the integral guides are prepped correctly, you don't need the bronze guides or liners...we probably sell around 30-40 sets a year, never a problem.
Brian Hafliger
IMM Engine & Dyno

http://www.immengines.com
http://www.neilhepburn.com