General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

GARY C
HotPass
HotPass
Re: Cam Data from Well-Developed Engines

Post by GARY C »

CamKing wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:29 pm
RevTheory wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:19 pm It's not going to happen and that's why I've been privileged to be involved in some of these things. I realize that puts me in a position of not being able to defend myself but it is what it is.
So in other words, you're a little man who has no problem attacking my product, without any proof to back it up.
It never happened, so shut up.
Mike there have been 2 posts that I have seen here in the past years calling you out on this, you are not the greatest cam guy in the world.

It's probably best that you don't push for this info to be exposed!
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

CamKing wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:38 pm
Stan Weiss wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:28 pm Some of us are still looking for that 20 lost HP. :lol:

Stan
Well, if the 195cc heads are Brodix-8, Canfield, Competition Products , Ported Dart 180's, or Ported Edelbrock 185's, the single pattern cam alone, will cost at least 20hp by 5,800rpm.
Could you post some dyno info showing what you have found?
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

GARY C wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:36 pm If a person with basic engine skills take DV's SBC book for example and follows what it says then they will not fall pray to the bigger is better trap that most go through when the start out, if you take into account what he is saying about head size (cc is used) because that what most people reference in the industry, rocker ratio and lift over big duration, look at his 10 engine examples in the back not to mention 2 1/2 pages of detailed cams that give you a good idea of cam characteristics you are well on your way to understanding what is needed to build a good "combination" and this gives you a head start as you move forward.
Agree 100%.

David's writings will get you in the ballpark, and for most people, that's great. Other's are looking for a homerun.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

GARY C wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:41 pm It's probably best that you don't push for this info to be exposed!
Again, I would love for this bullkrap lie to be exposed.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
(704)489-2449
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

GARY C wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:44 pm Could you post some dyno info showing what you have found?
Why, you DV followers don't need facts.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
(704)489-2449
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

CamKing wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:47 pm
GARY C wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:41 pm It's probably best that you don't push for this info to be exposed!
Again, I would love for this bullkrap lie to be exposed.
I don't know who Rev talked to but I will forward this post to the ones I have talked to, I doubt they will post, nothing bad was said and they confirmed your quality it's just that the cams they did their self produced more power then the ones you sent them, they are of the opinion that no one has a magic cam and they feel the same about DV and I would tend to agree with them.

I just wonder why you take every opportunity to degrade David's work when he has nothing but good to say about you except he is publishing his results and your not.
Please Note!
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

GARY C wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:58 pm I just wonder why you take every opportunity to degrade David's work when he has nothing but good to say about you except he is publishing his results and your not.
I didn't degrade DV's work, I agreed 100% with your quote above. He's very helpful for the guy, just starting out.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
(704)489-2449
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Warp Speed wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:06 pm This is supposed to be about cams, why do certain people feel the need to make everything about DV, and add to the shit storm. This is the technical portion of this board is it not?!? [-X
The problem I see is that the OP and the thread are misleading people, If this is cam data from a "Well Developed" engine then how is it that every shade tree mechanic that gets their hands on any factory engine changes the cam first and improves on it?

Is it possible that engineers or so stuck inside what the program tells them that they are missing something?
Please Note!
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

CamKing wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 3:01 pm
GARY C wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:58 pm I just wonder why you take every opportunity to degrade David's work when he has nothing but good to say about you except he is publishing his results and your not.
I didn't degrade DV's work, I agreed 100% with your quote above. He's very helpful for the guy, just starting out.
So if people use his info to win races then what does that say about those who are not "just starting out"?
Please Note!
andyf
Guru
Guru

Post by andyf »

CamKing, I just bought a cam you ground for another guy who had a different engine combo than me. Will this cam work for me? How much power will it make?
Andy F.
AR Engineering
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

GARY C wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 3:08 pm
Warp Speed wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:06 pm This is supposed to be about cams, why do certain people feel the need to make everything about DV, and add to the shit storm. This is the technical portion of this board is it not?!? [-X
The problem I see is that the OP and the thread are misleading people, If this is cam data from a "Well Developed" engine then how is it that every shade tree mechanic that gets their hands on any factory engine changes the cam first and improves on it?

Is it possible that engineers or so stuck inside what the program tells them that they are missing something?
Why don't you get off your high horse, and quit insisting on injecting drama into EVERY THREAD you post in?
How is this thread, and the OP "misleading" anyone?!?
You can either choose to.learn from it, or ignore it and keep going down the narrow path you think is best!
Again, the level of hypocrisy is amazing!
Let's just stick to tech huh?!?
Quit INSISTING everything is about DV. It's really getting annoying!
Stan Weiss
Vendor

Post by Stan Weiss »

CamKing wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:38 pm
Stan Weiss wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 2:28 pm Some of us are still looking for that 20 lost HP. :lol:

Stan
Well, if the 195cc heads are Brodix-8, Canfield, Competition Products , Ported Dart 180's, or Ported Edelbrock 185's, the single pattern cam alone, will cost at least 20hp by 5,800rpm.
Mike,
I am just trying to understand what you are saying. You said that DV's cam would peak @ 5400 RPM and be down 20 HP. Now you are talking about 5800 RPM. Does this mean that you cam will peak at a higher RPM or that it will peak at the same RPM and hold on longer or ?????

Stan
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

andyf wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 3:13 pm CamKing, I just bought a cam you ground for another guy who had a different engine combo than me. Will this cam work for me? How much power will it make?
Depends. Does it jive with the 128 theory?
Does it fit the overlap window needed ?
Is it 3/4 race, or Full race ?
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
(704)489-2449
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Warp Speed wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 3:14 pm
GARY C wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 3:08 pm

Why don't you get off your high horse, and quit insisting on injecting drama into EVERY THREAD you post in?
How is this thread, and the OP "misleading" anyone?!?
You can either choose to.learn from it, or ignore it and keep going down the narrow path you think is best!
Again, the level of hypocrisy is amazing!
Let's just stick to tech huh?!?
Quit INSISTING everything is about DV. It's really getting annoying!
I feel the same why when you guys do it in other peoples threads! Oh but you guys have higher horses so that makes it ok... Right?
Please Note!
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

CamKing wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 3:22 pm
andyf wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 3:13 pm CamKing, I just bought a cam you ground for another guy who had a different engine combo than me. Will this cam work for me? How much power will it make?
Depends. Does it jive with the 128 theory?
Does it fit the overlap window needed ?
Is it 3/4 race, or Full race ?
You made my point for me!
Please Note!