Re: Silverado, low fuel pressure?

Post by user-23911 »

A rag.
Truckedup
Guru
Guru

Post by Truckedup »

I believe the starter needs to be pulled to get at the crank position sensor....Might be wise just to spend 35 bucks to replace it?
Motorcycle land speed racing... wearing animal hides and clinging to vibrating oily machines propelled by fire
Truckedup
Guru
Guru

Post by Truckedup »

Truckedup wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 11:06 am I believe the starter needs to be pulled to get at the crank position sensor....Might be wise just to spend 35 bucks to replace it instead of cleaning?
Motorcycle land speed racing... wearing animal hides and clinging to vibrating oily machines propelled by fire
V Remian

Post by V Remian »

Here is my take on the crank sensor subject, take it for what it's worth. I have never seen a bad crank sensor on an LS engine. That being said...I had one truck brought to me that would seem to cut out intermittently. When I say cut out,I mean it felt like a minimum criteria lock up skip but it would do it at higher RPM and either in and out of lock-up. Watching engine data showed an intermittent loss of RPM on the scan tool when it acted up.

An independent shop had previously replaced the crank sensor so they must have seen the same thing. Upon inspection the single bolt bracket that attaches the sensor was bent slightly due to corrosion build up under the sensor mounting face. Cleaned the interface and replaced the crank sensor and all was well. I've never seen that before or since.
Truckedup
Guru
Guru

Post by Truckedup »

So....two shops can't fix it....Their scanner show the misfiring on cylinders 1 and 6, a typical thing on these engines. A crank position relearn is supposed to be the fix ..But they couldn't do even though their scanners supposedly have the capability...The misfire is not very noticeable and the scanner shows its caused by a lean fuel mixture at 2200-3000 rpm and high intake vacuum, light load...There are no leaks in the intake system and the injectors have been changed...
Going in to the local Chevy dealer tomorrow...Service guy said it's a common problem...
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

9 times out if 10, when it wasn't ignition related, it was dirty fuel injectors filled with junk when I worked at the dealership a few years ago.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
Truckedup
Guru
Guru

Post by Truckedup »

midnightbluS10 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:55 am 9 times out if 10, when it wasn't ignition related, it was dirty fuel injectors filled with junk when I worked at the dealership a few years ago.
The thinking here is the ECU is not controlling the injectors properly at certain rpm's and high intake vacuum. Supposedly the ignition is doing it;s job...