General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Re: Rocker Arm Test

Post by cjperformance »

Ron E wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:15 pm
Geoff2 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:28 am Sorry, should have been 'Stan'.
That's a relief. I glanced at it and thought you were talking to the directly to the devil
:lol:
Craig.
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Re: Rocker Arm Test

Post by cjperformance »

Scotthatch wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 12:10 pm Just draw it on a piece of paper and take a photo of it to post
Digger - 4 hours research and i still cant draw on excel , i gave up! Haha.

Bigblockmopar - that link worked but i couldnt make more than a mess with it!

Scotthatch - a good old drawing. Top idea, i have at least a basic drawing skill.

I hope/think the simple drawing explains the "ratio change" of one side of a rocker arm. And after re reading the thread its obvious that most know this anyhow its just a wording thing, basically - lift V's fulcrum radial movement changes as the fulcrum moves thru an arc as the work point must move horizontally as well as vertically. I "think" this is where confusion lies on the "ratio" side of things. I apologise for working in metric on a mostly imperial based site but my kids only have metric rulers and metric graph pads that i could raid from their school bags! But still it shows the issue pretty well i think.
As I said earlier , i think everyone was basically describing the same thing but in different terms.
What I still dont get is Geoff's Smokey based description of using fulcrum to roller/valve tip contact as a centerline, im not sure what that would achieve or what benefit it could have but would like to know!
Feel free to pick on my drawing skills :lol:
20180508_211549-768x1024.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Craig.