dart 215 pro 1 platinum upgrade on 383 sbc

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

B Original
Re: dart 215 pro 1 platinum upgrade on 383 sbc

Post by B Original »

Chad you should take a QUE from me and just not respond [-o<
B Original wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:11 am
A consideration needs to be given to port development that promotes swirl and the path the charge enters into the cylinder. The down side is too much swirl can potentially blow the flame out although it is difficult to do, this can happen in extreme cases.
:wink: I'll Repeat myself just in case some of the text was hidden
Last edited by B Original on Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

B Original wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:39 am Chad you should take a QUE from me and just not respond [-o<
Yeah it's best to either block him or flag his posts if he's just going to be rude and let Don handle it.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

cspeier wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:47 am
GARY C wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:42 am
B Original wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:39 am Chad you should take a QUE from me and just not respond [-o<
Yeah it's best to either block him or flag his posts if he's just going to be rude and let Don handle it.
Sad thing is it's probably someone I already know. Someone I have talk to.

Sad man.
It seems to me in his 103 post his only goal is to start trouble...It ain't worth arguing with someone that has nothing to contribute.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

GARY C wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:51 am

Sad man.
It seems to me in his 103 post his only goal is to start trouble...It ain't worth arguing with someone that has nothing to contribute.
agree. People who are proud of their accomplishment aren't scared to post their names. He's not no cup porters. He talks about building engines with iron heads, etc.
Rick360
Guru
Guru

Post by Rick360 »

GARY C wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:06 am
He's currently running an 8" 5600 converter.. He wants to make the car faster like all racers :D
all that is in his OP and more detail of his parts on page 2.
If the 5600 rpm converter will stay, then the port is already nearly as big as I would want it. It'd be around 2.40 sqin avg csa now. You can still make more power carefully porting it, but it'd go faster if it was a smaller port ported properly to 215-220cc.

Rick
user-30257

Post by user-30257 »

Sad man.
My goal isn't meant to start trouble! I'm just sick of the BS fantasyland stuff that is posted. People thinking they are smarter than they are. (Not Chad I think he knows some stuff ) I just seem to butt heads with people that think engine building, porting heads is VooDoo, it certainly is not. But then again not anyone can do it.

There is so much misinformation spread, I'm just calling most of it out. It's funny I have LOTS of PMs from respected people thanking me for spotting the BS.

SOMETIMES it is comical how people respond like they are the know it all ( I am certainly not) guru. Wants to be the first responder to any post to maybe make themselves feel good. They are a virtual engine builder who can cite other forums and magzines. Bla bla bla. But then people with actual real world testing say something that contradicts their 2nd,3rd,50th hand knowledge and they get all defensive. Vs letting anyone else speak their mind. That's why many have left this site. Some of the guys here are so into themselves they are past who I am referring to sometimes, and others.

I apologize for any Childish name calling. Even though comical, it still probably hurt some of you.

If Don wants to boot me. So be it. Just proof the wannabe engine builder has won. And doesn't care about real world insight.

Look past it all you want, all I'm trying to say is often times things can be simplified in a manner to which you will get to a similar or same result without the use of 300 hours of mindless flowbench work and give electric bills.

So ill try to stop the rebuttals.

Back to the op, you are in good hands. I hope it works out for you. Be a step ahead and post your results at the track, flow the heads, alter them, post track results, flow them. You will learn more fro. That then just mindless searching for a number
user-30257

Post by user-30257 »

Rick360 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:04 pm
He's currently running an 8" 5600 converter.. He wants to make the car faster like all racers :D
If the 5600 rpm converter will stay, then the port is already nearly as big as I would want it. It'd be around 2.40 sqin avg csa now. You can still make more power carefully porting it, but it'd go faster if it was a smaller port ported properly to 215-220cc.

Rick
Agreed. But if he were to say throw 6000 stall. A little bigger wouldn't hurt, but then more camshaft. Can of worms effect
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Rick360 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:04 pm

Rick
Thats why I made the recommendation I did on page 1, If they were my heads I would fill the floor and raise the roof without making them bigger and reduce the size if possible, but thats just me.
Please Note!
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Headguy wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:11 pm

Sad man.
My goal isn't meant to start trouble! I'm just sick of the BS fantasyland stuff that is posted. People thinking they are smarter than they are. (Not Chad I think he knows some stuff ) I just seem to butt heads with people that think engine building, porting heads is VooDoo, it certainly is not. But then again not anyone can do it.

There is so much misinformation spread, I'm just calling most of it out. It's funny I have LOTS of PMs from respected people thanking me for spotting the BS.

SOMETIMES it is comical how people respond like they are the know it all ( I am certainly not) guru. Wants to be the first responder to any post to maybe make themselves feel good. They are a virtual engine builder who can cite other forums and magzines. Bla bla bla. But then people with actual real world testing say something that contradicts their 2nd,3rd,50th hand knowledge and they get all defensive. Vs letting anyone else speak their mind. That's why many have left this site. Some of the guys here are so into themselves they are past who I am referring to sometimes, and others.

I apologize for any Childish name calling. Even though comical, it still probably hurt some of you.

If Don wants to boot me. So be it. Just proof the wannabe engine builder has won. And doesn't care about real world insight.

Look past it all you want, all I'm trying to say is often times things can be simplified in a manner to which you will get to a similar or same result without the use of 300 hours of mindless flowbench work and give electric bills.

So ill try to stop the rebuttals.

Back to the op, you are in good hands. I hope it works out for you. Be a step ahead and post your results at the track, flow the heads, alter them, post track results, flow them. You will learn more fro. That then just mindless searching for a number
It's simple, post actual counter data.
Every class I have ever been in has a teacher and books, so are students stupid for learning from someone else and reading the works of those in their field?

Different people learn in different ways, just because it's not the way you do it doesn't mean that their outcome will be any less and just because you can't succeed using their method doesn't mean that they have to change theirs to yours.

I learn more looking at picture than I do reading text, if I can combine the two then I learn even more... I never could comprehend degreeing a cam regardless of what I read or who tried to explain it, so I bought a degree wheel and did it, after that the text makes perfect since!

The point is that you refuse to show anything you have ever done while telling everyone else that they are wrong!
Please Note!
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

Sad man.

And surely he received a warning this AM for calling people names like I did for my rodent comment to him.
Through out the littlw jabs, and most everything Headguy has said is true............
Look back at your posts from this morning Chad!
I asked questions you still have yet to answer, because your too busy with a personal battle against someone who you don't know who it is. THAT is what really burns you up.
Ya, ask Fultz abiut flow numbers! Hahaha

And the don't respond thing is classic. If someone has a different view, just don't respond. That is a big contribution! Lol

Oh the drama...........LOL #-o
speedtalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by speedtalk »

OP, feel free to start a Part 2 thread.
In Memory of Don Terrill
SpeedTalk Owner/Admin