Guru
Guru

Re: How much spring pressure do I need

Post by swampbuggy »

Head guy you can't talk them into using titanium valves
user-30257

Post by user-30257 »

swampbuggy wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:09 pm Head guy you can't talk them into using titanium valves
Some yes, some no. People still think titanium parts won't last on the street, or low tension rings work.

Then again most enthusiasts are cheap. And if they can save $1000 on valves and spend an extra $200 on a better oil pan.. I'll tell them where the horsepower is.

I don't make any more money on the valve job. So what do I care. As long as the customer is happy and it makes their suggested power goal, lasts.. we both are winners
swampbuggy
Guru
Guru

Post by swampbuggy »

10. 4, mark
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Headguy wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:41 pm
1972ho wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:11 pm Just curious but why would someone want to ride around town with a cam that has 400# of closed seat pressure and over a 1000# open.Are they driving around at 10000 rpm all the time, during those 1000 mile trips a year.Just Curious??
Opening and closing a near 1" lift 2.40"+ stainless valve requires pressure.

Some of these guys street race with serious gearing. And 20+ gallon fuel cells. Ever heard of drag week?

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has customers that want 1100+HP NA Big blocks to drive on the street.

remember what's streetable to Jeff Gordon is most likely too roudy for Grandpa.

As a builder sometimes it's safer to error in the stiff side. Sure he could maybe get away with 340lb seat. But if he loses 20# is rather it stop be a safe value.

These guys know what they are getting themselves into.
When you watch those episodes the #1 failure is rocker arm #2 would be lifters.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!