Brazilian turbo Suzuki SX4 (J20A)

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

VictorMedeirosBR
Brazilian turbo Suzuki SX4 (J20A)

Post by VictorMedeirosBR »

Hello everyone,

I'm Victor Medeiros, I work for the Klecio Performance, a brazilian workshop located at Rio Grande do Norte state.

We've got last week a project for turboing a Suzuki SX4 AWD '11 , this vehicle comes with the J20A engine.

We'll use the original ecu + piggyback. We have a brazilian piggyback, called MEG (Eletronic Manager Module), this is a awesome product, but to difficult to install in modern vehicles, so we'll go to an AEM F/IC 6 for the boost phase control.

Although our 20 year experience turboing cars, this will be the first time using the FIC, so, I hope I can count with you, guys, to succeed with this project.

We'll use a Garret GT25 turbo, with a custom manifold. We are planing to use the original injectors, plus an extra injector to feed the boost phase. This vehicle is remapped and it is elegible to use Ethanol (E100), so we can inject Ethanol after the turbo place to cool the entrying air and also feed the boost phase. With this, we exclude the need of an inteercooler. (We use this method with the brazilian piggyback and it works perfectly well). We are planning something about 250hp with 11psi.

I almost forgot, this is a auto SX4, we've also bought an trans oil cooler.

So, my first question is: Does the F/IC controls low impedance injectors? I need a drive to control it?

Here some pics of the car and some first equipments: https://imgur.com/a/5SSjh

Thank you,
Victor Medeiros
Klecio Performance
user-23911

Re: Brazilian turbo Suzuki SX4 (J20A)

Post by user-23911 »

ANY and every ECU can control low resistance injectors. Use the appropriate ballast resistors.
VictorMedeirosBR

Post by VictorMedeirosBR »

Updates: The custom manifold is ready. I weren't able to put the turbo at the driver's side of the engine bay, the GT25 didn't fit there, so we put it up, because we have enough space for the exhaust and the adm.

Here are the pics: https://imgur.com/a/pYMzK
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Post by Keith Morganstein »

You may get more responses with a topic of “AEM F/IC 6 help needed”.

Unfortunately I haven’t any experience with that system. However, your plan seems good.
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o