MSD Ford Mod ign controller & LS coils?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Caprimaniac
Guru
Guru

MSD Ford Mod ign controller & LS coils?

Post by Caprimaniac »

Hi. Anyone know if the MSD 6011 Box controlling ignition on a Ford Mod motor has the ability to drive the LS coils?

Am putting this on a SBF With crank & cam trigger and carbs. So, COP is a non-option....

You might even know of a easier/ cheaper way to do this (other than the MS-Products)?
How to turn GURU in an instant.....
antondpf22
Re: MSD Ford Mod ign controller & LS coils?

Post by antondpf22 »

Though I don't have much experience with Ford coils, I do know that modular coils are a 2-wire external ignitor type coil. All ls coils are internally ignited. It won't work because the controller is going to control the current, not give a logic output for the ignitor. I may be wrong, but this is what my limited experience is saying.
Caprimaniac
Guru
Guru

Post by Caprimaniac »

That doesn't sound too promising.... I will look closer

And that part was easy. Fould coils without ignitiörs. Som this could be a solution. https://www.diyautotune.com/product/ign ... tive-coil/
How to turn GURU in an instant.....
user-23911

Post by user-23911 »

Not only that but on is off and off is on.
antondpf22 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:11 pm I do know that modular coils are a 2-wire external ignitor type coil. All ls coils are internally ignited. It won't work because the controller is going to control the current, not give a logic output for the ignitor.