Some people shouldn’t own tools...or drive...

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Re: Some people shouldn’t own tools...or drive...

Post by Carnut1 »

I just ask when was the last time they did the task now! Hysterical!
Servedio Cylinder Head Development
631-816-4911
9:00am - 9:00pm EST
grant6395
Pro
Pro

Post by grant6395 »

Circlotron wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:18 pm
hoffman900 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:10 am I'd stop with the picking on the young. I know plenty of incompetent 50 and 60+ year olds. Step outside your circle and you'll see what I mean...
Often people that don’t know how to do something in the real world end up being managers, telling people that actually do know what they are doing, how to do stuff.
http://dilbert.com/
Omg. That is soooooo true . The most relevant , true statement I've heard in a while.
Krooser
Guru
Guru

Post by Krooser »

My high school was so rough when you got an "F" it was for a felony!!!
Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019
GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast »

Had a “buddy” in high school who was a total goober. His parents got him a used 85 5.0 stang for his 16th birthday. Totaled it within a few weeks trying to drift.

Cut to a month or so later, his dad buys him a 88 5.0 gt, gets a beautiful blue metal flake paint job on it, and a beefed up motor installed. The kid runs it into a telephone pole straight on at about 50 mph on his first time driving it. He got a 4 cylinder ranger after that.
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. -Hitchens
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

Krooser wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:09 pm My high school was so rough when you got an "F" it was for a felony!!!
Mine actually was. Lol. It was normal for the black kids to jump the head bangers and Emo kids. We had the low income area of the city plus all of the military children, too. A couple of years earlier, they redrew district lines. I ended up at the ghetto high school 5 miles from my house when the school I was supposed to go to before they redrew districts was within walking distance for a 6th grader.

I believe I'm a better person because of it. And I wouldn't change it for anything.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
kimosabi
Pro
Pro

Post by kimosabi »

novadude wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:14 am
hoffman900 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:10 am I'd stop with the picking on the young. I know plenty of incompetent 50 and 60+ year olds. Step outside your circle and you'll see what I mean...
Yup. Just go to any car cruise and look at some of the hack jobs out there. Most of them aren't owned by millennials.
Excellent point.
FC-Pilot
HotPass
HotPass

Post by FC-Pilot »

Circlotron wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:18 pm Often people that don’t know how to do something in the real world end up being managers, telling people that actually do know what they are doing, how to do stuff.
WOW! You have been to my place of employment!

Paul
"It's a fine line between clever and stupid." David St. Hubbins
Morgo

Post by Morgo »

Well;what I say underline..
"when uncomptent order unwilling to do unnecsessary the probablity of failure is high"
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Carnut1 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:46 pm
Circlotron wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:18 pm
Often people that don’t know how to do something in the real world end up being managers, telling people that actually do know what they are doing, how to do stuff.
http://dilbert.com/
My wife's maiden name has umlauts over the first vowel of her last name and the whole family has this quality of telling you how to do a task without any experience at all of doing the task themselves!
They musta been German, right?

pdq67
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

Sieg Heil!
Servedio Cylinder Head Development
631-816-4911
9:00am - 9:00pm EST
77cruiser
Guru
Guru

Post by 77cruiser »

FC-Pilot wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:16 pm
Circlotron wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:18 pm Often people that don’t know how to do something in the real world end up being managers, telling people that actually do know what they are doing, how to do stuff.
WOW! You have been to my place of employment!

Paul
I used to work there too!! :lol:
Jim