Pontiac valley pan

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Kev7s
Pontiac valley pan

Post by Kev7s »

Not up on all the Pontiac parts. Im building a 350, does any one know is there a valley pan that will clear roller lifters and work with this old the school Torker intake? Thanks so much for your time.
s-l1600.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
blykins
Guru
Guru

Re: Pontiac valley pan

Post by blykins »

Yes, there are many of them around.

Here's one that I've personally used a couple of times:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AVP01-Pontiac- ... UU&vxp=mtr
Lykins Motorsports
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
Custom Ford Windsor, Cleveland, and FE Street/Race Engines
tjs44
HotPass
HotPass

Post by tjs44 »

There are new aftermarket ones avail that clear rollers and still allow the use of the factory PCV.I think they are called Tomahawk.Butler and KRE I believe sell them.Might also be on EBay.Tom
Kev7s

Post by Kev7s »

Guys the trouble I’am having is this intake considered an egr intake ?
tjs44
HotPass
HotPass

Post by tjs44 »

I think the aftermarket one has the area open for that intake.Tom
tjs44
HotPass
HotPass

Post by tjs44 »

Not sure if your building a street engine,that intake being a single plane wont be a good choice IMO.The RPM would be better.FWIW,Tom
Kev7s

Post by Kev7s »

tjs44 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:27 pm Not sure if your building a street engine,that intake being a single plane wont be a good choice IMO.The RPM would be better.FWIW,Tom
Street build customer had on car,
thanks for info
Geoff2
Guru
Guru

Post by Geoff2 »

No, not an EGR intake.

Some aftermarket VPs are just a flat sheet of alum, with NO baffling for the PCV valve, which fits in the VP. If you use one of these, expect heavy oil consumption. The elongated hole at the front of the intake is for access to the PCV in the VP.

You might be better off buying a factory replacement VP, available, & dimpling the inner baffle if needed for lifter clearance.
Kev7s

Post by Kev7s »

Geoff2 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:32 am No, not an EGR intake.

Some aftermarket VPs are just a flat sheet of alum, with NO baffling for the PCV valve, which fits in the VP. If you use one of these, expect heavy oil consumption. The elongated hole at the front of the intake is for access to the PCV in the VP.

You might be better off buying a factory replacement VP, available, & dimpling the inner baffle if needed for lifter clearance.

Thanks so much for info, I ordered one from Butler Performance, already was planned to tig welding a channel down middle for PCV baffling. Thanks again.
John Wallace
Guru
Guru

Post by John Wallace »

Late to this thread, the factory EGR valley pans are what won't work with roller lifters.
(they have a big depression in the middle that sticks too far down into lifter valley)

That intake is not a EGR type that requires the egr pan.

That intake may not be the best for the engine though?
The Torker (1st series) is more of a higher rpm intake.
The Torker II works better?

:?:
John Wallace
Pontiac Power RULES !
www.wallaceracing.com
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Post by mag2555 »

This may help in terms of Edelbrock Manifold picks.

Back in the 70s when what we call now that Torquer I in your picture first came out it slowed down more Pontiacs then you can shake a stick at, even the big 455 motor cars.

It's power band even under 455 cubes did not start until over 3300 and warmed over Cam type 455s where already out of there peak torque band by then!
In short for street use for any cid Pontiac not Camed and geared to run above 3500, that Intake suck's!

Unless your Your 350 built for full out racing and has has ported heads flowing over 240 cfm@28" you will be much better with a stock Intake then aftermarket Manifold!
Bigger cid race motors then yours have made over 500 hp with the non EGR iron intake bolted on top!

Note that there is no Victor jr for a Pontiac.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!