General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Re: Rocker experiment.

Post by Walter R. Malik »

In-Tech wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:47 am
We also had Sig Erson have someone make us special valve springs with the exact coil wire diameter, number of coils and spring diameter; but, they had .200" more free length. I think Sig Erson is still selling them.
Hi Walter, I believe that is the E915005 but I need to make sure that isn't the same part number for the newer FSP spring. What year was that if you remember? The original E915005 is one of the best 1.250" single springs ever produced. :)
84/85

We had those springs produced for the Quadrajet 305 engines and continued to use them.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Re: Rocker experiment.

Post by midnightbluS10 »

Walter R. Malik wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:29 pm
dfarr67 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:25 pm Yes thanks for the insight.

For me, dabbling a little in chip tuning- I was looking at the weakest link, cyl 7 for heat, preignition- so was just trying to help it out. There are just as many opinions for and against the swap- did Chevy really have it that wrong in 1955? Cost was a factor for me. Not that I am a Mike Jones fan, never had his cam- but his reputation on YB is good enough that I wanted his product, he didn't have a 4/7 oem roller core at the time and I deemed it important enough to me to find a company that could supply the 4/7 swap on a quality roller core, Erson at the time was trying to drum up some new business and supplied Johnson lifters for me as well.
Me.....I wouldn't know the difference except during tune up (wires), I wouldn't talk a guy out of it at the same time.
Why do you keep saying number 7 cylinder when using that manifold it is the runner to number 8 which is the most restricted cylinder...?
Its easy to miss the fact that the runners cross over in the lower manifold. I kept wondering why people were saying #8 until i finally saw the runners crossing over.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING