General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

sc2dave
Expert
Expert
Location: Los Angeles, in The People's republic of Kalifornia

Who does dist. recurving near L.A?

Post by sc2dave »

Anyone know who does recurving near L.A? More closer to Whittier. Thanks.
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Re: Who does dist. recurving near L.A?

Post by midnightbluS10 »

Ignition Engineering in Anaheim does recurves. Found with a 10 second search on Google. Did you check there? That would've been my first stop, then here only if I didn't find anything.

http://www.ignitionengineering.com

:-k
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
sc2dave
Expert
Expert

Post by sc2dave »

Thanks. I remember there was an "Ignitioneering" in Fullerton but someone else farther away from me has that name now and the closer one now is Ignition Engineering. I wonder if they were partners and had a fallout.
DCal
Expert
Expert

Post by DCal »

Hot Rod Performance in Torrance 310-782-9200 Mark
sc2dave
Expert
Expert

Post by sc2dave »

Thanks. You know what they charge, more or less?
tjs44
HotPass
HotPass

Post by tjs44 »

I had used John for years,a year or so ago two customers I sent him could not get their dizzy back.I have not used him since.FWIW,Tom
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

sc2dave wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:52 am Thanks. I remember there was an "Ignitioneering" in Fullerton but someone else farther away from me has that name now and the closer one now is Ignition Engineering. I wonder if they were partners and had a fallout.
Possibly BR Motorsports/ BR Ignitioneering?

http://www.brmotorsports.com

http://www.brpromag.com

On a side note, BR is the only MSD Authorized repair center in the country that has the Multi Mag tester, if anyone has any current or future MSD issues. MSD is the only other place with a Multi Mag.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
In-Tech
Vendor

Post by In-Tech »

Bob Wyman Sr owned Ignitioneering(sp?) Bob Wyman Jr was my boss at Mallory Ignition many years ago and an incredible person. He was at BR for a while and is now over in the System1 building in Tulare instead of BR Motorsports in Visalia. Either are about 40 minutes from me. I have 2 distributor machines and occasionally heat/bend/drill weights as well as custom bushings when needed. The problem is you can't get paid enough to justify the work but we(tuners) all still do it because it needs to be done in the middle of a tune.
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl
Frankshaft
Guru
Guru

Post by Frankshaft »

What distributor for what application? We may be able to walk you thru it. Generally, all your doing is limiting mechanical advance, so you can have more initial timing, and changing springs to speed up the advance.
cv67
Guru
Guru

Post by cv67 »

google bob jennings dyno in north hills

hes getting old and works from home now not sure if he is still around
did a few for me with a sun machine that came out great...those boxed curve kits didnt get me any good result
69-CHVL
Pro
Pro

Post by 69-CHVL »

Do it yourself- install a stop screw to limit the advance and choose the springs that work best for you. Personally, I think custom curved distributors are overrated. Better yet, lock it out :D
VINCE 69 CHEVELLE
502 EFI/6SPD/3.90
jake197000
Expert
Expert

Post by jake197000 »

depends what you doing with it.if street driven can make a big diff
allencr267
Pro
Pro

Post by allencr267 »

If you've got a timing light & accurate readable marks, see what you can do first, + or - on its weights & early or later on its stop, with improvised materials.
sc2dave
Expert
Expert

Post by sc2dave »

It's just for my '66 Chevy II ,194 cid. it does have true dual exhaust, headers,2bbl Holley ,Offy intake RV cam, HI-6 box, Electronic dist. PowerGlide, stock gears. I know it don't really have power, but I do want to get the timing where it's dialed in for this combo. 100% street driven
Tuner
Guru
Guru

Post by Tuner »

sc2dave wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:08 pm It's just for my '66 Chevy II ,194 cid. it does have true dual exhaust, headers,2bbl Holley ,Offy intake RV cam, HI-6 box, Electronic dist. PowerGlide, stock gears. I know it don't really have power, but I do want to get the timing where it's dialed in for this combo. 100% street driven
What kind of "Electronic dist" ...... ? Do you have the cam timing specs or the brand and part number?