Race tek pistons

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

bigfoot
Race tek pistons

Post by bigfoot »

I was talking to race tek pistons today in California..they said the can make me some sb ford 4.060 dished piston with a custom compression height for $ 530 dollars ...are these pistons good and made to good tolerances ?. Thanks
hoffman900
HotPass
HotPass
Re: Race tek pistons

Post by hoffman900 »

You mean Racetec?

Yes, they make very good pistons. I’m a happy customer. Their “people” monitor and post on this site.
-Bob
KnightEngines
Guru
Guru

Post by KnightEngines »

I got 2x sets here, both customs (363 Windsor with twisted wedge heads & 360 holden turbo).

Good pistons.
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

I've used a few sets of their pistons with good results. Their manufacturing is spot on dimensions and they have some nice light strong designs in some types. They can do mods as needed with respect to ring type packages, gas porting, compression heights, skirt coatings, nitrous designs, etc., etc. They are a very good value from a what you get versus what you paid standpoint in my opinion.
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
Baprace
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Baprace »

I have used their pistons a few times and the quality is perfect. I will definatly buy from them again. They are also very good on odd sizes (eg. .005 over )
resurrectionjoe
Pro
Pro

Post by resurrectionjoe »

I maybe a little bit biased since I am a RaceTec dealer but they are a great company to deal with.

The custom changes they allow at no extra cost , plus dead on sizing, modern ring pack, wire locks etc and the fact it's not their first rodeo in the piston business is some of the reasons I'm a dealer for them.

Randy has been in this business a long time and is a wealth of knowledge.

You'll be very happy with the pistons you receive.
Kenny M

Post by Kenny M »

Have purchased many sets always spot on, super fast service, very fair price. I have been friends with Randy Gillis for many years. Great guy with a ton of piston knowledge.

Kenny Maisano
Mascar Classics
KnightEngines
Guru
Guru

Post by KnightEngines »

Just an aside - last set I got arrived in 12 days, & I'm in Australia!
They must had had them done within a few days of ordering them for that to happen.
R.Olds
Pro
Pro

Post by R.Olds »

I have used several sets with little tweaks to fit my builds....great guys to work with.

Rick
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

Are they related to JE pistons??
I have never used them and was looking for other options and see they have the same zip code??
Just asking as I have heard good things about racetec quality and customer service.
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

KnightEngines wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:52 pm Just an aside - last set I got arrived in 12 days, & I'm in Australia!
They must had had them done within a few days of ordering them for that to happen.
Thats about a month and a half quicker than VPW or Outlaws!, and they're around the corner!!
Craig.
KnightEngines
Guru
Guru

Post by KnightEngines »

Craig - yeah, if you need customs talk to Jeff at Fabre, longest I've waited for Race Tech is 4 weeks, but usually 2 weeks.
Pretty much anything you want they'll do, prices are good & pistons are nice!
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

KnightEngines wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:00 am Craig - yeah, if you need customs talk to Jeff at Fabre, longest I've waited for Race Tech is 4 weeks, but usually 2 weeks.
Pretty much anything you want they'll do, prices are good & pistons are nice!
Yes Fabre are good!
I havnt used racetechs but have a BBC 454 that i may give them a go in. Will be looking for 9.8 CR , waiting for heads to roll up but im thinking a small dome will be required.
Craig.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

bigfoot wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:48 pm I was talking to race tek pistons today in California..they said the can make me some sb ford 4.060 dished piston with a custom compression height for $ 530 dollars ...are these pistons good and made to good tolerances ?. Thanks
The company is owned by Wayne Brooks, who used to own JE pistons more than 10 years ago.
For that money, I would say it is probably their Auto Tec series not the Race Tec series; but, I could be mistaken.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

ProPower engines wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:04 pm Are they related to JE pistons??
I have never used them and was looking for other options and see they have the same zip code??
Just asking as I have heard good things about racetec quality and customer service.
Their owner, Wayne Brooks, used to own JE a long time ago.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.