Keyway lifters and keyway lifter bushings

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

swampbuggy
Guru
Guru

Keyway lifters and keyway lifter bushings

Post by swampbuggy »

Application= Gen 1 S.B.C. Block=Dart Iron Eagle Cylinder Head=Brodix 18 Deg. C head Lifter .936" w/ .150" offset . Now here is my question to those of you who have worked with these type of parts (keyway lifters & keyway bushings). The question centers around the relationship of the key on the outside of the lifter (to) the offset pushrod seat. The lifters you folks have worked with--------are they all 16 identical (or) are 8 made different ? All of my lifters are identical, i guess installing the lifter (bushing) 180 degrees different would solve the issue ? May need the offset on the exhaust side for the LARGE pushrods----which i do have .150" offset in all 16 lifters. Will appreciate any responses, Mark H. :)
Charliesauto
Pro
Pro
Re: Keyway lifters and keyway lifter bushings

Post by Charliesauto »

Jesel lifters are typically all the same. They do offer one reverse keyway lifter, I think it's only available in .937" with .850 wheel. All of their other keyway styles are only offered in one configuration.

One note , they also offer a raised key (.150") option. Base circle size etc. would influence they need for this.
BILL-C
Expert
Expert

Re: Keyway lifters and keyway lifter bushings

Post by BILL-C »

Sometimes the 1.062 holes bored for the .937 keyway bushings will intersect the main oil galley on the drivers side and result in not being able to restrict the top end oil on that side. The fix is to have jesel make some bushings with only 270* od oil feed groove. In this case you would need specific left and right orientation keyway bushings, otherwise you can use the same bushings in all locations if you clock them properly. So far i've only had to use the +150 taller key ht on sb fords.
Carlquist Competition Engines