That hurt Fellas. We lost a BIG Friend

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

pdq67
Guru
Guru
Re: That hurt Fellas. We lost a BIG Friend

Post by pdq67 »

Sorry to hear of, "Big Joe 1's", passing.

I always looked forward to reading his sometimes, "short", comments! He will be missed!

pdq67
user-17438

Post by user-17438 »

Even though his posts were blunt and his dynos were happier than a fat kid with diabetes... i respected his posts, happy or not. He didnt give a shit he slaved his life for the people. And for that I commend him. GODSPEED BIGSLOW1
user-17438

Post by user-17438 »

MTENGINES wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:32 am Even though his posts were blunt and his dynos were happier than a fat kid with diabetes... i respected his posts, happy or not. He didnt give a shit he slaved his life for the people. And for that I commend him. GODSPEED BIGSLOW1
Bigjoe1
kimosabi
Pro
Pro

Post by kimosabi »

Always enjoy reading his side of a story. He was not always playing nice with the common conception or misconceptions. R.I.P
Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Post by Belgian1979 »

Sad, RIP Joe
ventura74
Pro
Pro

Post by ventura74 »

Carnut1 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:37 pm Damn, I remember a article from the 80's or early 90's that was titled Horsepower vs.Torque vs. Durability. They asked three pros how they like to build their engines. Big Joe was horsepower. He said, use a stock block, crank and resized rods, put your effort and $ into the heads! If the bottom blows you will still have the parts that make horsepower. Stock stuff was plenty strong. I would love to find this article and repost it here. Big Joe will be missed no doubt.
I think I have that it was a car craft article, I think it was linginfelter for durability
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

This is confirmed, correct? There seems to be a bunch of dumbasses at yellowbullet that think otherwise for some reason. One claims he talked to Joe at 330pm yesterday.

For instance, to show how stupid they are, they keep referring to an obituary from 2017 and saying that we're wrong and Joe Sherman the musician is who passed away.

Except the obit they're referencing is from March of 2017. But they don't seem to realize it.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

MTENGINES wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:32 am Even though his posts were blunt and his dynos were happier than a fat kid with diabetes... i respected his posts, happy or not. He didnt give a shit he slaved his life for the people. And for that I commend him. GODSPEED BIGSLOW1
Got any proof his dyno were wrong? You seem to think that about everyone. I know I've read that exact sentence from you at least twice just in the last week or 2. But I'm betting you got nothing to stand on.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
barnym17
Guru
Guru

Post by barnym17 »

sorry to here this, my condolences to his loved ones he was a legend.
bigcam406
Pro
Pro

Post by bigcam406 »

loved reading his articles. learned a lot. condolences to his family. another legend gone too soon. RIP Big Joe.
ClassicComp
Expert
Expert

Post by ClassicComp »

R.I.P. Big Joe
results speak for themselves
jeff swisher
Guru
Guru

Post by jeff swisher »

Man I hate to hear his passing.
Gotta love a guy that loves tunnel-rams.
Prayers will be sent to the loved ones he left behind.
Rest in Peace Joe.
Blue Malibu
Pro
Pro

Post by Blue Malibu »

This is not the News I needed to start my day.
I have followed Joe's posts for years and I always was impressed by his willingness to share his knowledge on this forum, and his willingness to ask for help if he was not sure.
These traits are things that my father (Shopboss) who passed almost two years ago, and me have always tried to emulate in our business.
The industry has suffered a huge loss with Joe's passing.

Andy
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Post by mag2555 »

That's a great loss and I will miss this posts greatly!
I hope his passing was fast and painless?
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
cknight

Post by cknight »

A great loss to the engine building community. Incredible background with common sense and intuitive nature. RIP Chase