vortecpro
Guru
Guru
Re: Assault Racing (KMJ) Import BBC head casting info

Post by vortecpro »

Keith Morganstein wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:49 am
vortecpro wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:39 pm
I do post here.......get your facts strait
LOL, I've seen some of Marks videos about valve seat runout. I can say from watching them that "No heads were injured in the filming".

It was careful, well explained work on a VGS20 and measured before and after with a Sunnen (Tobin arp style) runout gauge.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N3jn2ER455Y
Thanks.....were getting ready to make a youtube video series on one of these 467 oval port builds showing everything from procuring the core to the machine work, assembly, then to the dyno testing, then drag tested in my car at a known weight. I hope you guys ck it out!
Racing a NA NHRA stocker should be mandatory before any posting.
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

Mark is that a peanut or large oval casting?
Servedio Cylinder Head Development
631-816-4911
9:00am - 9:00pm EST
vortecpro
Guru
Guru

Post by vortecpro »

Carnut1 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:24 am Mark is that a peanut or large oval casting?

Its a very common engine I sell often, although quite controversial as far as power out put goes. A .060 over 454, cast 454 crank, GM 6.135 rods, 781 oval port heads, .560 lift solid lifter cam, performer RPM intake. We will show everything. Mail will be read throughout the video series and questions will be addressed as well as hate mail........go easy on me.

As a side note we already did the peanut port. The final results were 10.34 @ 126.1 @ 3720 in a 28.90 baro. A review

9.3 comp
228/238 hyd cam
236 peanut port head
Stamped rockers
1.250 single spring
Performer RPM intake

A graph depicting the peanut port as run in comparison to the video series 467 781 head engine.
peanut port 467 dyno compare to 467 620.pdf
peanut port 467 dyno compare to 467 620.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

Looking forward to this! Thanks, Charlie
Servedio Cylinder Head Development
631-816-4911
9:00am - 9:00pm EST
496s10

Post by 496s10 »

sjre wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:48 am Not to side track but has anyone tried the Liberty engines generic bbc heads? If so what results.
They are the same as the kmj assault head, as well as proheader,power product's, and rpc. This is the first thread that anyone has admitted using them
k-star
Guru
Guru

Post by k-star »

Not to hijack the thread, anyone have the video of the headbytes guy setting him self on fire inside his shed?
“If I hit you with this you’re going to be numb, that’s why they call them numb-chucks “Si Robertson
vortecpro
Guru
Guru

Post by vortecpro »

k-star wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:49 pm Not to hijack the thread, anyone have the video of the headbytes guy setting him self on fire inside his shed?

"Lord have mercy"
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

vortecpro wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:39 pm
midnightbluS10 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:49 pm
Frankshaft wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:13 pm

What info could you get from him? He absolutely assaulted those heads, pun intended. Because a guy makes a few videos about a certain head and puts it up on YouTube, that by no means qualifies him. He uses the word butcher hog a lot. That's exactly what he is doing. The video s are worth every penny you paid for them. I can't handle watching those, I do nothing but cringe and shake my head, he is ruining just about every set of heads he touches. 250cc Max ported sbc with a 2.1 intake, with a 30-45-60 valve job with a 96% throat. What are they being ported for? A 10:1 hydraulic roller cammed 383 that is 230-238 at .050 with .529 lift, and a dual plane intake. WOW. OBVIOUSLY has ZERO clue about what to do. The other thing, show some respect for those heads. Has them on end and is sliding them around, banging them all over, scratching and dinging some guys brand new heads. That bugs me
I saw a video just the other day of a guy that I believe posts here, and he was doing the same sort of thing with a new set of AFR heads. It was almost as if he was pissed off that he had to work on them. Slamming tools around, slamming the customers heads around, the entire time talking about how bad they are at whatever point he was highlighting. Had something to do with valve seat runout, I think.
I do post here.......get your facts strait

The facts were perfectly inline with what I saw. Thanks for the reply. Considering I couldn't identify the person in the video, how was I supposed to know it was you or someone else? For all I knew, it was Tom Rockwell? Hence my comment "...i believe posts here"
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
cv67
Guru
Guru

Post by cv67 »

k-star wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:49 pm Not to hijack the thread, anyone have the video of the headbytes guy setting him self on fire inside his shed?
lol
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Post by Keith Morganstein »

cuisinartvette wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:29 am
lol
It's where he's pouring aluminum into an exhaust crossover. I think it's been edited out (the burning foot) I started another thread so not to hijack this one.
https://www.speed-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 2&start=30
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o
blwilliams
Pro
Pro

Post by blwilliams »

sjre wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:48 am Not to side track but has anyone tried the Liberty engines generic bbc heads? If so what results.
The Liberty heads are the same Proheader RPC castings.
ClassicComp
Expert
Expert

Post by ClassicComp »

blwilliams wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:06 pm
Do they make decent power though?
results speak for themselves
Frankshaft
Guru
Guru

Post by Frankshaft »

ClassicComp wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:54 am
blwilliams wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:06 pm
Do they make decent power though?
For the 3rd time in this thread, I have made 975 with them. I should say, I did the heads and intake for another local shop. Its a cross between a Dart pro 1, pro topline/rhs with a pro comp like exhaust port. It has some pro comp like features on the intake side, like a big ugly stupid looking guide boss. The seats and guides seem to be much better and hold up. THe casting is much heavier also. Which means its thicker and beefier. The only real issue I didn't like, is the rocker stud boss/threads, are pretty minimal, which could cause an issue on a higher rpm, higher spring pressure application.
In-Tech
Vendor

Post by In-Tech »

Frankshaft wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:51 am The only real issue I didn't like, is the rocker stud boss/threads, are pretty minimal, which could cause an issue on a higher rpm, higher spring pressure application.
Hi Frank,
I apologize for being out of the loop as I mainly do tuning and only occasionally build an engine anymore. Aren't all the newer BBC castings pretty thin at the rocker boss on 4 of the intake ports because of the raised roof? Besides a girdle and a BigSert type fix is there much else that can be done?
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl
user-30257

Post by user-30257 »

In-Tech wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:18 am
Frankshaft wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:51 am The only real issue I didn't like, is the rocker stud boss/threads, are pretty minimal, which could cause an issue on a higher rpm, higher spring pressure application.
Hi Frank,
I apologize for being out of the loop as I mainly do tuning and only occasionally build an engine anymore. Aren't all the newer BBC castings pretty thin at the rocker boss on 4 of the intake ports because of the raised roof? Besides a girdle and a BigSert type fix is there much else that can be done?
The newer edelbrock 24 pro ports are very beefy above the roof. Like a solid inch. The Profilers are nice too.

The best fix is to use a 1 piece rocker stand. On heads that have barely any material.

A stud girdle can help.