Engine assembly chemicals

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Krooser
Guru
Guru

Re: Engine assembly chemicals

Post by Krooser »

Might try the quick seat on my new engine... watched the video... not the most informative video but it kind of reinforced what I learned about the product at PRI.
Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019
n2xlr8n
Expert
Expert

Post by n2xlr8n »

Krooser wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:48 am Might try the quick seat on my new engine... watched the video... not the most informative video but it kind of reinforced what I learned about the product at PRI.
I think part of what I learned from using it was that my cleaning technique prior to using Quikseat changed dramatically with the use of Quikseat; iirc, the first time I used the product, it took 6-7 tries to get the "green is clean" coloration in the cylinders.
He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world.
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

So was it the quick seat, or a properly cleaned bore that was responsible for the improvement?
n2xlr8n
Expert
Expert

Post by n2xlr8n »

Warp Speed wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:49 am So was it the quick seat, or a properly cleaned bore that was responsible for the improvement?
Inconclusive from my POV, but my wag tells me the cleaner bores.
He who is in me is greater than he who is in the world.
needforspeed66gt
Guru
Guru

Post by needforspeed66gt »

Warp Speed wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:49 am So was it the quick seat, or a properly cleaned bore that was responsible for the improvement?
Exactly.

I have used Total Seal AP Stainless rings many times and never have seating issues.

A properly honed and cleaned bore will seat with the rings in seconds, not hours or days...
Nate @steeldustmachine
Engine Machinist
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

needforspeed66gt wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:35 pm
Exactly.

I have used Total Seal AP Stainless rings many times and never have seating issues.

A properly honed and cleaned bore will seat with the rings in seconds, not hours or days...
X2 ^^
Craig.
Krooser
Guru
Guru

Post by Krooser »

For $22.00 it will be a good experiment. I'm an old b*stard but I'm willing to try new stuff...now where is my old stock of EOS?
Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019
randy331
Guru
Guru

Post by randy331 »

cjperformance wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:31 pm
needforspeed66gt wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:35 pm
Exactly.

X2 ^^
I take it you guys don't use Total seals quick seat ?

Randy