Chinese juuk?????

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

oldhead
Expert
Expert

Re: Chinese juuk?????

Post by oldhead »

This thread is going the wrong way.is suppose to about racing parts quality :) :) :) :) oldhead
Quicker then most
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

Yep, I agree, just me being useless in the war we can't win.

My final thought about what this tread started on is

Aftermarket performance parts JUNK can come from just about any country and if the largest driver of how and where the buyer makes their decision to buy is based on pretty much price only and marketing it will always be there. As long as there are companies and individuals that are only interested in sales volumes and profits and not the quality or reputation of there products this situation may only get worse! This is why today it is so important that the internet gives many of us the opportunity to call out these JUNK products and hopefully have the market police itself by punishing those who produce and sell JUNK products by hurting them were it counts in their petty minds-IN THEIR WALLETS!

Expose JUNK and then encourage all not to buy it!! :wink:
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

The underlying principle re all this is one of my go-to quotes: "There is no product or service that can't be made cheaper and worse."
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

Hey Bill

Never a truer word spoken about the production for service or parts !! =D>
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
tjz450

Post by tjz450 »

China owns 1.15 trillion dollars of our Treasury notes as of last year, had over 2 trillion but they've been selling off for years. Not an easy thing to sell by the billons worth. We're doomed none the less.
Mark O'Neal
Guru
Guru

Post by Mark O'Neal »

Newold1 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:06 am Hate to say it but in the very near future we and maybe the rest of the World will have no power or leverage with China!

You are naive if you believe China will be forced to do anything it does not want to do and will respond favorably to any pressure put on it by the US.

WHY?

Because they are at a point now where we need them more than they need us.

Imagine how our economy and society would buckle and stop if the Chinese said in return, we are stopping shipment and production of all goods and services we supply to the USA!

Imagine the economic devastation to our economy if the Chinese said we are turning in all our US Treasuries we hold right now! (Amount about 7 trillion dollars) Our treasury could not make payment!

Never sell your sole to the DEVIL ! Hell we already did!

China knows now they don't need to exert control over the USA with weapons, they can just do it with DOLLARS! They got the power!

We better get smarter now and in the near future to sit down at the World Poker Table and play poker! Big Pot! Possible Big Losses!
A few decades ago, the Chinese defaulted on over a trillion dollars in debt to us. Did the world collapse?

If we tell them to stick it, what happens to us? They lose 1.2 trillion, we lose....nothing.

China doesn't do anything for us that we can't do for ourselves.
kirkwoodken
Guru
Guru

Post by kirkwoodken »

I moved my comment to the political section.
"Life is too short to not run a solid roller cam."
"Anything is possible, if you don't know what you're talking about."
I am NOT an Expert, and DEFINITELY NOT a GURU.
Kirkwoodken
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

oldhead wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:45 pm This thread is going the wrong way.is suppose to about racing parts quality :) :) :) :) oldhead
A few observations on Chinese parts:

The SCAT stuff seems to be very good, from the "cast steel" 9000-series cranks to their rods, especially the 4340 SBC rod with tapered shoulder and 7/16" cap screws. That said, I've never subjected them to more than 6,000 RPM, and briefly at that.

Also, I've had zero problems with name brand steering, suspension, and brake parts made in China, like Moog, Timken, and Raybestos.

I would buy a GM, Proform, or MSD HEI distributor that's made in China, but I wouldn't buy a private label "store-brand" HEI. Yes, I know they might be the same in some cases, but usually they are different under the cap. For example, I'd be very surprised if the MSD Street Fire distributor was even made in the same plant as a Skip White model.

A Chinese part "looking the same" as a USA part is no means a indication of quality.

Taiwanese parts seem to be made lot better than Chinese parts, such as OE-replacement switch panels, gas tanks, and trim parts.