Chinese juuk?????

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Re: Chinese juuk?????

Post by midnightbluS10 »

cuisinartvette wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:54 pm cant help but wonder how many "good" us companies also own China factory outlets, why wouldnt they get both end$ thats capitalism.
Sony has factories in China. I don't doubt other large manufacturers do, also. They're not an American company by any means. Just showing that even companies people seem to trust have manufacturing plants there, also.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

I personally like most have met quite a few intelligent people in my life who were absolute Dufusses! They had a great deal of measurable intelligence but they could not run their own lives, accomplished very little in their lives and made little or no contribution to our society.

I was not talking about the failure of our education as it relates to intelligence, because if you have or develop intelligence via great education, where that intelligence and desire to learn is strengthened by a great education system, your abilities and knowledge learned in that education system can improve your life, future well being and contribute to the society in which you live.

I believe this nation has and is still missing the opportunities that a great education can and could be doing for to many of our people, especially today's youth because our K thru 12 education failures and the curricula in many of our colleges because of a systemic jobs training and preparation failure.

Our Universities have put quality advanced education and learning out of the reach of too many of our people. Advanced quality education is to limited and unrealized to far to many today just from a cost basis alone! If there is anywhere this nation can invest money and resources to improve all our lots in the World today it is to put its performance, quality and effectiveness at the top of the measurements and results!

I am not saying we all need to be physicists and rocket scientists we just need our education system to produce individuals with great abilities, brilliant innovators and a smart hard working excellence across the board from auto mechanics and plumbers to brain surgeons and molecular physicists.

I for one won't sit here and say it is because we don't have enough intelligence capable individuals to improve our lot, WE JUST DON'T HAVE ENOUGH PEOPLE WHO ARE COMMITTED TO IMPROVING EDUCATION AND GETTING IT DONE!

I'll get off my Education soap box now! Lets all get and stay involved in some way or fashion to help change this condition!
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
swampbuggy
Guru
Guru

Post by swampbuggy »

Build your 10k - 12k short block and be happy-------yep happy with peace of mind, NOT wandering whether or not the parts were made with Quality ingredients (metallurgically). I am quite sure this is the way Hendricks, Yates, and ECR think ? Mark H. :wink:
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

tell ya what, give credit where it is due. the chinese can sure make a small battery. the chinese batteries that come with your new electronics outlast what you can buy here by about 25x! probably has more to due with regulations in this country, but regardless their batteries are superior.
hoffman900
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoffman900 »

Here is a great read of cam history according to Harvey Crane and how a lot of his competition got their start stealing his designs: https://web.archive.org/web/20100112082 ... unders.htm =D> :D
-Bob
roc
Expert
Expert

Post by roc »

lefty o wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:57 pm tell ya what, give credit where it is due. the chinese can sure make a small battery. the chinese batteries that come with your new electronics outlast what you can buy here by about 25x! probably has more to due with regulations in this country, but regardless their batteries are superior.
I'm interested to learn more. Are you referring to Li-on batteries (tools, cell phones, etc), car batteries, A/AA/AAA?
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

roc wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:34 pm
lefty o wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:57 pm tell ya what, give credit where it is due. the chinese can sure make a small battery. the chinese batteries that come with your new electronics outlast what you can buy here by about 25x! probably has more to due with regulations in this country, but regardless their batteries are superior.
I'm interested to learn more. Are you referring to Li-on batteries (tools, cell phones, etc), car batteries, A/AA/AAA?
no, the batteries that come in the remote for the tv. dang things last like 5 years. any one you buy in America goes dead in 6 months or less.
Mark O'Neal
Guru
Guru

Post by Mark O'Neal »

JDR Performance wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:47 am
Mark O'Neal wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:13 am

Fat chance on the education. I had a standing policy that I would pay for anyone that would go learn to do their own programming.

One, exactly one, in thirty years. Americans are quite content to be loaders (a 17,000.00 robot will also suffice), they are not going to put any effort into anything other than dope, booze, and video games. Well, that and downloading [Blank Post] on any computer they can get access to.
You've been around the wrong Americans. I could never make a generalization like that.
I hired a lot of people in 31 years.
Mark O'Neal
Guru
Guru

Post by Mark O'Neal »

Belgian1979 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:55 am
kimosabi wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:14 am
Mark O'Neal wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:09 am

That's not the Chinese way, that's the universal way.
My impression as well. If there's some sort of screw up or whatever it will cost and the bickering over who's gonna pay to clean up is definitely universal. Does not apply to all companies but it is certainly becoming a norm. Question is though, how much did GM pay them to make the speaker cones? The Chinese are not stupid so if you get your stuff manufactured there for the fraction of a cost for years, then they have a mishap and you start claiming them to clean up and eat the cost...
Anywhere else this wouldn't fly. I see other companies in other parts in the world taking their responsibilities. Not so in China and their gov and courts cover them in the process.
You mean American companies standing up.....like GM?

It's no unusual when companies don't stand up, it is unusual when they do.....and they are normally forced.
Mark O'Neal
Guru
Guru

Post by Mark O'Neal »

Newold1 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:54 am Listen, the past and the current past is HISTORY! As a nation and people we've got to look at the short term and the future. As for the short term, we have to STOP! the theft and abuses in intellectual property that so many in the system now have sacrificed so much to develop!

We must make sure free trade is really "FREE" !

Remember we give away every day enough money to foreign nations than would be needed to fix our education system 3 times over! What do those nations give back to the US, Not friggin much! Self improvement is not a vice its a virtue and we need to start doing a lot more self improvement.
We should stop our personal bitching and get to work at:

WE MUST FIX OUR EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM NOW! Its to expensive, really ineffective on a global competitive basis and it lacks the ability to remake its self and improve in a shorter period of time (SLOW CHANGE). Our education system which in the past was considered the best in the world sadly no longer is! We have unions, bureaucrats, politicians, ineffective government and "Hangers ON" in charge of the "Henhouse" and the foxes are eating the chickens! We should put effective leadership. control and greatly improved results in the hands of some of the brilliant minds who were in many cases lucky enough to derive a great deal of their success from the bright expensive spots in our education system. Screw Stem and a lot of other useless and unproductive ideas that have been propagated by the very current useless leadership that has been sucking the life out of our education system.

If its broken we need to fix it and fix it now! Most of us won't drive our car down the street with a steady stream of oil leaking out the engine, why do we operate our education system the way we do and risk the total loss of our HUMAN CAPITAL! iTS OUR OIL AND ITS LEAKING BADLY! WE NEED AS A NATION TO MOVE EDUCATION UP THE LIST OF PRIORITIES, RIGHT ALONG WITH INFRASTRUCTURE!

We really need to change the mindset of our youth and also get them to think more about the the incredible opportunities in the world today so that they can become brilliant too and how important for the their and our future dedicating themselves to learning will accomplish. All of us here in the USA have a responsibility to FIX OUR BROKEN EDUCATION SYSTEM and make it work for the future survival of our nation.

Yep its that bad, don't forget it! JMHO
Mark O'Neal
Guru
Guru

Post by Mark O'Neal »

Mark O'Neal wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:30 pm
Newold1 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:54 am Listen, the past and the current past is HISTORY! As a nation and people we've got to look at the short term and the future. As for the short term, we have to STOP! the theft and abuses in intellectual property that so many in the system now have sacrificed so much to develop!

We must make sure free trade is really "FREE" !

Remember we give away every day enough money to foreign nations than would be needed to fix our education system 3 times over! What do those nations give back to the US, Not friggin much! Self improvement is not a vice its a virtue and we need to start doing a lot more self improvement.
We should stop our personal bitching and get to work at:

WE MUST FIX OUR EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM NOW! Its to expensive, really ineffective on a global competitive basis and it lacks the ability to remake its self and improve in a shorter period of time (SLOW CHANGE). Our education system which in the past was considered the best in the world sadly no longer is! We have unions, bureaucrats, politicians, ineffective government and "Hangers ON" in charge of the "Henhouse" and the foxes are eating the chickens! We should put effective leadership. control and greatly improved results in the hands of some of the brilliant minds who were in many cases lucky enough to derive a great deal of their success from the bright expensive spots in our education system. Screw Stem and a lot of other useless and unproductive ideas that have been propagated by the very current useless leadership that has been sucking the life out of our education system.

If its broken we need to fix it and fix it now! Most of us won't drive our car down the street with a steady stream of oil leaking out the engine, why do we operate our education system the way we do and risk the total loss of our HUMAN CAPITAL! iTS OUR OIL AND ITS LEAKING BADLY! WE NEED AS A NATION TO MOVE EDUCATION UP THE LIST OF PRIORITIES, RIGHT ALONG WITH INFRASTRUCTURE!

We really need to change the mindset of our youth and also get them to think more about the the incredible opportunities in the world today so that they can become brilliant too and how important for the their and our future dedicating themselves to learning will accomplish. All of us here in the USA have a responsibility to FIX OUR BROKEN EDUCATION SYSTEM and make it work for the future survival of our nation.

Yep its that bad, don't forget it! JMHO
I'm down with fair trade.

But we have to nail American companies for being dishonest as well. They are no better than the Chinese. Especially the Pharmaceutical companies. If you look at what they do with the patent system to screw Americans on drug prices you'll see what an utter lack of integrity looks like.

Never mind the opiod epidemic that is shortening American lifespans and was engineered entirely by them.

Sales are GREAT though.....
kimosabi
Pro
Pro

Post by kimosabi »

hoffman900 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:44 am
kimosabi wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:31 am
hoffman900 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:14 am Not true at all. I know someone in the food industry in the US. He pays a manufacturing facility to make his product. Manufacturing facility screwed up half of his production batch during one run and was caught after he had those shipped out. He had to recall the product, rent warehouse space to store it, and pay to have it destroyed. Manufacturing facility didn’t take any responsibility.

As for STEM education. As someone who has a STEM degree and career and has many friends with STEM degrees (advance degrees at that) and careers, I have a lot to say other than this country cares a lot less about STEM than countries like China. The best analogy anyone has given to me is that the US is run by a bunch of Ivy League lawyers and MBAs wherein China, it’s run by a bunch of MIT engineers with a hard on for 1950s US manufacturing. Of course we enjoyed an distinct advantage considering Europe and Japan were bombed heavily during WWII. That’s a topic for another time..

STEM, except for a few sectors, is a sure fire way to spend a lot of time and money on school and not make a lot. Especially when you realize all the bs artists who end up in sales, are making 2-3x as much without the educational overhead. We value businessmen (and women) and celebrities here, not scientist and engineers. This goes for all political parties and all generations.
I've found that as a consultant you can make alot of money. It's the new trend. Noone knows shit anymore(or admit they do) and noone wants to take responsibility. So what do you do? You hire a consulting firm to do the brain work and make sure you can blame someone else. Voila!

Kind of a Chinese situation. But it's global.
I’ve worked in consulting as a junior staff. You make a lot of money if you’re a “rain maker” - those are the people with big clients. Those clients follow them wherever they go and the firms get into bidding wars for that person to bring them work (which subsequently means a higher salary). The technical staff however (the ones that make the “rainmaker’s” projects come to life) are making significantly less. The rainmaker is a salesperson at the end of the day.

Part of this trend with consultants is that companies don’t want to and can’t afford to have high level engineers and staff on standby for any amount of time while they figure out the next project for them to work on. R&D labs like they use to exist at GE, DuPont, AT&T, etc are a thing of the past. Instead of the hire-layoff-hire-cycle, companies just outsource it to consulting engineer / design firms on an as needed basis.
I work for the government, or well, we are government owned. On the flip side of what you just posted, they have alot of engineers on staff in various positions. Somehow you have to be a civil engineer for most higher positions. According to their resume they should easily be able to plan and execute the projects we are currently working on. Not happening, they hire consulting companies. It seems it is all about saving your own ass here. For the amount they are paying the consultants to do simple building projects I could have built and even afford to screw up a couple times in the process. But that's logical thinking I guess, that doesn't apply.

That's not to say consultants don't screw up either. They do, alot. Everyone screws up. But atleast you don't have to take the blame if they did the plans for the project.
Splitter
Pro
Pro

Post by Splitter »

A couple of years ago I ordered a new motherboard for my home computer on eBay, it was shipped from Shanghai. Big surprise when I got it, it came in a fancy looking box that looked like it came from a local electronics store, except the writing was Chinese. Bigger surprise, the English translations printed in small font on the box had perfect grammar and spelling. Makes me wonder if they’re keeping all the best stuff for the domestic market.
Frankshaft
Guru
Guru

Post by Frankshaft »

Sooner or later, that small part of the earth will be shut off. Meaning, it is SO polluted that there is a point where China themselves, and the rest of the world will demand it. Besides cheap labor, that's the 2nd, or maybe even the biggest reason stuff is made there. Then what?
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

Hate to say it but in the very near future we and maybe the rest of the World will have no power or leverage with China!

You are naive if you believe China will be forced to do anything it does not want to do and will respond favorably to any pressure put on it by the US.

WHY?

Because they are at a point now where we need them more than they need us.

Imagine how our economy and society would buckle and stop if the Chinese said in return, we are stopping shipment and production of all goods and services we supply to the USA!

Imagine the economic devastation to our economy if the Chinese said we are turning in all our US Treasuries we hold right now! (Amount about 7 trillion dollars) Our treasury could not make payment!

Never sell your sole to the DEVIL ! Hell we already did!

China knows now they don't need to exert control over the USA with weapons, they can just do it with DOLLARS! They got the power!

We better get smarter now and in the near future to sit down at the World Poker Table and play poker! Big Pot! Possible Big Losses!
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink: