Bob Glidden Passes...

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Newold1
Guru
Guru
Re: Bob Glidden Passes...

Post by Newold1 »

Without a question, One of the GREAT ONES! Left fans and the Sport with far more than he ever earned in return. RIP Bob Glidden!
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
Ron E
Guru
Guru

Post by Ron E »

SupStk wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:39 pm Rest in peace, Bob.
Condolences to his family and friends.

Have a Bob story. Was racing at Brainerd in 1982 at the Northstar nationals. My boys and I was looking through the pro pits. Young son David wanted Bob and Etta's autographs but told him they were busy and we'd try later. A couple minutes later I looked around and there is David standing next to Bob with a poster and a sharpie. Bob sat down on the trailer steps with David in his lap. He told David he would sign his poster but Etta couldn't. Dave asked why not? Bob replied Etta can't write!
Anyway he got a huge poster and they both signed. That poster was on Dave's bedroom wall until he moved out going to college.
To say we were Glidden fans would be an understatement!
He did similar with my nephew years ago at Rockingham. Bob's is the only signed poster we have in our shop.
He shook up the world in a used Pinto.
Steve.k
Guru
Guru

Post by Steve.k »

SupStk wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:39 pm Rest in peace, Bob.
Condolences to his family and friends.

Have a Bob story. Was racing at Brainerd in 1982 at the Northstar nationals. My boys and I was looking through the pro pits. Young son David wanted Bob and Etta's autographs but told him they were busy and we'd try later. A couple minutes later I looked around and there is David standing next to Bob with a poster and a sharpie. Bob sat down on the trailer steps with David in his lap. He told David he would sign his poster but Etta couldn't. Dave asked why not? Bob replied Etta can't write!
Anyway he got a huge poster and they both signed. That poster was on Dave's bedroom wall until he moved out going to college.
To say we were Glidden fans would be an understatement!
Thats a very cool story about Gliddens. Unfortunately i never got to meet them in person. My cousin a die hard mopar fan met Bob and Etta at a meet. He always told and still does they were the nicest couple racing. Was very privileged to talk with them he tells me.
Steve.k
Guru
Guru

Post by Steve.k »

IMG_2126.JPG
. A good buddy of mine just gave me this he received from Bob many years ago. Very cool
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SupStk
Guru
Guru

Post by SupStk »

Steve your post of the Fairmont reminds me seeing the car at the Milehighs. The brackets where the Lamb struts attached to the front diagonals had brazed repairs, on both sides. One thing about Bob's cars, they were well thrashed on and not trailer queens.
Monty Frerichs
B&M Machine
mach1charlie

Post by mach1charlie »

tenxal wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:24 am The best of the best. Godspeed, Bob Glidden.
X2