MERGE COLLECTOR ??? BUILDING HEADERS

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

ptuomov
Guru
Guru
Re: MERGE COLLECTOR ??? BUILDING HEADERS

Post by ptuomov »

exhausted wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:00 am I have always worked to make all the 4 into 1 headers I have built have a "rotating" firing order. There is no proof I have ever heard to verify any benefit but I believe it is better. Just watch your darn toilet, Ha! :lol:
Why? That is, what’s the theory for rotating collector firing order pattern? Not asking for proof, but simply what’s the logic.

My thinking is that you can get a shallower angle between two pipes if the are next to each other rather than across, given the areas you want to run. The shallower angle gives more “pull” and less turbulence.
Paradigms often shift without the clutch -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxn-LxwsrnU
https://www.instagram.com/ptuomov/
Put Search Keywords Here
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

ptuomov wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:11 pm
exhausted wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:00 am I have always worked to make all the 4 into 1 headers I have built have a "rotating" firing order. There is no proof I have ever heard to verify any benefit but I believe it is better. Just watch your darn toilet, Ha! :lol:
Why? That is, what’s the theory for rotating collector firing order pattern? Not asking for proof, but simply what’s the logic.

My thinking is that you can get a shallower angle between two pipes if the are next to each other rather than across, given the areas you want to run. The shallower angle gives more “pull” and less turbulence.
 basically running one firing pipe after another into the choke/collector reduces turbulence when compared to firing a pulse opposite the last pulse. Less turbulence here means more direct flow thru the choke so a smaller choke can be used and an more efficient collector can be constructed. 
Craig.
digger
Guru
Guru

Post by digger »

I think you are both speculating. Cfd give some insight in flow patterns. It seems intuitive that less flow 'rpm' would be better