JD 2 cyl engine parts supplier

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

machinedave
Guru
Guru
JD 2 cyl engine parts supplier

Post by machinedave »

I have a customer with a 1957 John Deere 620 2 cylinder tractor. He cannot find crankshaft main bearings for it. I checked out a few places online and cant find anything yet. I called my engine parts supplier and he tells me that they cannot get them. Anybody have any ideas?
Krooser
Guru
Guru

Re: JD 2 cyl engine parts supplier

Post by Krooser »

Steiner tractor parts...
Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019
Hrdlx62
Pro
Pro

Post by Hrdlx62 »

Try Manitowoc Motor Machining. I think they were doing some JD 2cyl main bearings a while back. 920-684-8577.
machinedave
Guru
Guru

Post by machinedave »

Great, Thanks guys!
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

I am sorry, but I don't believe this crap!

An old, "Johnny Popper", and no parts.

Gimmie a break!

Try here!!

Sydenstrickers - Official Site Mexico, MO...

Sydenstrickers.com

Eddy S. was a JC with us so I know him...

Sydenstrickers offers new and used John Deere Ag, Residential, and Construction equipment including 4WD and Track Tractors (370hp to 620hp),

Row Crop Tractors(140hp ...

Used Equipment · Locations · New Equipment · Parts · Specials · Service

We had an old, dual fuel "A", back when I was a kid on the farm and the neighbor up the road had a souped up 60! I could here it plowing like at a mile away!! POP, POP, POP!!!! I wanna say, it was pulling 3-14's if not 3-16's???

They had a beat to them kinda like a Harley Hog!! Rocking forwards and back idling!! I never saw my Dad get upset, but he was cussing and a crying trying to get the old, "A", cranked pulling on the open flywheel!

We needed it to run the hammer-mill so we had feed for our milk cows.....

You knew you were cooking when the exhaust manifolds were red hot!

My Buddy in HS folks had a, "B", that he would start it by wrapping a leather belt around the flywheel!

pdq67
machinedave
Guru
Guru

Post by machinedave »

pdq67 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:25 am I am sorry, but I don't believe this crap!

An old, "Johnny Popper", and no parts.

Gimmie a break!

Try here!!

Sydenstrickers - Official Site Mexico, MO...

Sydenstrickers.com

Eddy S. was a JC with us so I know him...

Sydenstrickers offers new and used John Deere Ag, Residential, and Construction equipment including 4WD and Track Tractors (370hp to 620hp),

Row Crop Tractors(140hp ...

Used Equipment · Locations · New Equipment · Parts · Specials · Service

We had an old, dual fuel "A", back when I was a kid on the farm and the neighbor up the road had a souped up 60! I could here it plowing like at a mile away!! POP, POP, POP!!!! I wanna say, it was pulling 3-14's if not 3-16's???

They had a beat to them kinda like a Harley Hog!! Rocking forwards and back idling!! I never saw my Dad get upset, but he was cussing and a crying trying to get the old, "A", cranked pulling on the open flywheel!

We needed it to run the hammer-mill so we had feed for our milk cows.....

You knew you were cooking when the exhaust manifolds were red hot!

My Buddy in HS folks had a, "B", that he would start it by wrapping a leather belt around the flywheel!

pdq67
Those are some of the greatest sounding engines ever made. On our farm we had a B and a 60. I remember as a young kid in the seventies listening to them pop and asking my uncle"is that going to explode? What is wrong with that tractor? How come it doesn't sound like the 3020?" We don't have any of the tractors anymore since we just rent the land now but I still go to alot of tractor pulls and county fairs and still love hearing the popping Johnny's.
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

Have you tried A&I agricultural supply.
They have parts for just about every JD made and their stuff is pretty good quality stuff
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
machinedave
Guru
Guru

Post by machinedave »

ProPower engines wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:36 am Have you tried A&I agricultural supply.
They have parts for just about every JD made and their stuff is pretty good quality stuff
I did check them. They did not have any main bearings. What I am noticing is that the 620 model does not have many parts listings in any of the catalogs. The customers son found some main bearings for $500 but I'm hoping he can find something for less.
TMSJoe
Expert
Expert

Post by TMSJoe »

STORM CRANK 914-664-3563

Worth a shot.
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

Did you try Clevite or FM directly??
You may find there is an interchangeable set with different tabs like 351C V 390 Ford same shell back different tab locations.
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
machinedave
Guru
Guru

Post by machinedave »

ProPower engines wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:34 pm Did you try Clevite or FM directly??
You may find there is an interchangeable set with different tabs like 351C V 390 Ford same shell back different tab locations.
No not yet. He has the main bearing plates off but he's going to bring them in for me to press them out. Hopefully there will be a readable number on them. The rod bearings were readable but they are a crush fit instead of a press fit full circle bearing like the mains.
machinedave
Guru
Guru

Post by machinedave »

The customer has bearings on the way but they are ab "unfinished" size. Do these need to be line bored in the frame?