Whiteperfomance1 & Assault Racing - heads any good???

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

user-9274568

Re: Whiteperfomance1 & Assault Racing - heads any good???

Post by user-9274568 »

NXBOY wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:06 am Hey CHAD SPEIER do you thing theses 12 cc domed SRPs have a chance fitting in the Profilers Chambers?? Cutting valve relief is no biggy, just don't want to have to loose alot of dome.
They will fit.
NXBOY
Pro
Pro

Post by NXBOY »

Thanks!! I Want A head I know is a GOOD/Thick casting and room to grow if I go 9.5 stroker down the road. I know I will get bored with the 5.0 if I ever get the heads done lol. No more IRON FOR ME!!! Will be saving up for heads for the 357w now with my hands locked and turned inside out lol.
Krooser
Guru
Guru

Post by Krooser »

lefty o wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:59 pm there is no doubt that the chinese are capable of producing quality items, the problem is they and those who contract with them seem to cut corners like there is no tomorrow in order to save pennies. result is there are some good chinese items being made, but you have to sort thru a ton of crap to find them.
When I was in the promoting biz we were buying US sourced custom made cloisonne' souvenir 'hat pins'... the sources were all about the same... 50 piece minimum order, six weeks to get a sample and another four weeks to get the order made. They cost us around $2.85 each and we sold them for $4.00... not a big profit maker.

I went to a souvenir/toy show in Chicago... found a Taiwan source for the same items. One week to get a sample (sent next day from Taiwan!)... two weeks to delivery and the cost was $.85 each.

The thing that amazed me was the sales guy (a Taiwanese citizen) said they would send me 100 pieces regardless of the number I ordered. They made them in lots of 100 but many did not get fired properly so there were many defects. He told me I could make a little extra money if I used a dremel and a small rotary file to dress up the cloisonné on the bad ones and make them 90% perfect!

This sorta goes with other comments about QC with Chinese parts.
Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

Watch the video about the Chinese BMW engine plant. Don't be so quick to lump all Chinese automotive products as having QC and manufacturing problems. That video shows what China is capable of and its every bit as impressive and maybe more so as any manufacturing here in the Good Old USA!

This Chinese "stuff is junk" chanting is a problem as others have mentioned of USA and other world vendors trying to buy a lot of "something for nothing"and there are a lot of shady Chinese companies and individuals who will oblige with such products and production.
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
Runit
Pro
Pro

Post by Runit »

I'm told Timken built a bearing plant in China. They couldn't get good bearings out of it all the time. They finally gave up, passed the plant keys to the Chinese and quit the country.
kimosabi
Pro
Pro

Post by kimosabi »

I sent you a PM with a few woof woof pics David Vizard but it's stuck in my outbox.