What seats for Ti valves?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

englertracing
Guru
Guru
Re: What seats for Ti valves?

Post by englertracing »

cspeier wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:44 pm Done!

Chad,
What would be the benefit of these seats over ms90
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

englertracing wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:56 pm
cspeier wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:44 pm Done!

Chad,
What would be the benefit of these seats over ms90
$5.00 each! :)
V8R

Post by V8R »

I get and sell a bunch of K&N and Whelan series take off engine parts. The engine spec uses Del West coated titanium valves and they run them on stock LS2 powered metal seats and guides. They limit the rpm to 7200 or so. None of the seats or valves I get show much sign of wear unless something else has let go inside the engine. The cams aren't super aggressive for lift and the springs are about 390 lbs open. I'm sure that factors in on the wear side of the equation. I sell a lot of assembled heads to street guys and as long as they run lash caps and a good air filter they last a long time with no problems.
Krooser
Guru
Guru

Post by Krooser »

V8R wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:36 pm I get and sell a bunch of K&N and Whelan series take off engine parts. The engine spec uses Del West coated titanium valves and they run them on stock LS2 powered metal seats and guides. They limit the rpm to 7200 or so. None of the seats or valves I get show much sign of wear unless something else has let go inside the engine. The cams aren't super aggressive for lift and the springs are about 390 lbs open. I'm sure that factors in on the wear side of the equation. I sell a lot of assembled heads to street guys and as long as they run lash caps and a good air filter they last a long time with no problems.
Good to know...
Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019