DARTS 9* MISTAKE

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

hondo383
Pro
Pro

Re: DARTS 9* MISTAKE

Post by hondo383 »

perfconn wrote:.Finally do any of you head porters believe the intake runner can be to long?
The engine doesn't care about port length only the entire induction length maybe the manifold length or taper wrong for "dirt"....also I may be wrong but that head is sold as a a c port head or pro port head ie just a casting so if the port is wrong for the application it's not darts fault lol
CREngines
Guru
Guru

Post by CREngines »

evidently brodix didnt get the memo based on this new canted valve 9* BBC head being made, or any of the other successful heads with less then 9*.

why dont we talk about the angle that actually matters in the cylinder head, instead of the angle everybody wants to bench race about.

the angle of the port floor to the back of the intake valve.
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

CREngines wrote:evidently brodix didnt get the memo based on this new canted valve 9* BBC head being made, or any of the other successful heads with less then 9*.

why dont we talk about the angle that actually matters in the cylinder head, instead of the angle everybody wants to bench race about.

the angle of the port floor to the back of the intake valve.
The one alcohol non-winged spring engine I service for this guy just keeps having his 13 degree All Pro heads gone through to get whatever they need; over and over an over. He won't let me put anything else on it.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
levisnteeshirt
Guru
Guru

Post by levisnteeshirt »

I know of 1 my buddy built , I think in 012 ,, super late 9 degree , its done quite well , very experienced dirt trackers raced it , I think it may be tied up in an IRS situation at the moment , I think Ultra pro did the CNC work ,, everything fit , no grind here grind there garbage like most anything else is , 850 Hp at 6600, 720 ft lbs at 5200, 421ci , he wound it to 8500 , been so long back I can't remember, but it was taken to a few big races in Ohio , Carolina clash stuff , they've been quite pleased with it ,, they used a hard tire to keep a tire on it , after a few laps with the tire hot it really shined , I'll have to ask them how many super races it won ,, quite a few
RCJ
Expert
Expert

Post by RCJ »

850@6600hp,720@5200tq That is a very low rpm for those numbers.How did it carry the power out to 8500?Your notes on what gear to use at various track would have to be rethought.
levisnteeshirt
Guru
Guru

Post by levisnteeshirt »

I'm sure it fell off quite a bit , that's what the driver told him ,, I'll see if he still has the printout for that dyno run ,, they loved the engine ,, IRS has the shop locked up where its sitting so I hear , haven't saw it out any this year , in 016 it ran well and smoked a few long horn chassis cars with up to date motors , had no problems running with anyone